News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Older stuff: Failure, just an awesome band that I used to listen to alot and seen live years ago.

New Stuff: Graveyard and Wolf People. Really talented bands doing the retro thing with their own twist

Also, Puscifer. A league of their own

Stomptown

I've been listening to a lot of Ryan Adams lately. He's covers so many generes of music it's crazy! He must be bi-polar or something. Check this out if you get the chance:

lincolnic

Quote from: jasonstomps on May 07, 2013, 06:44:02 PM
I scored a copy of Television - Marquee Moon on vinyl the other day.  Now constantly being spun in my apartment.  So good.

I came to this thread to post about this exact same album.

whitebread47

Been listening to the new Dawes album, Stories Don't End.

Their style doesn't overcome me with coolness, but it is well-produced with some great tones and the lyrics get better the more I listen to 'em.  Sort of one of those creepers.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

selfdestroyer

On repeat at my work is some Gary Clark Jr. and old Black Keys like from Thickfreakness.

In the car is the new Appleseed Casts - Illumination Ritual, I simple love every track on this album.

and at home on the bench has been the new Wavves - Afraid Of Heights, Another great album.

I keep my music toned down at work since I share the space with others and they can only tolerate my music for awhile until they snap. So I try to keep it to more safe bands and classic rock. They all did it.

raulduke

A bit different to the usual stuff posted here, and no guitars (great bass playing though), but I have been listening to this guy in the car a lot recently:

I think he is taking hip hop production to higher (and better) levels.

Cosmic-space-opera-sh*t  ;)!

Cortexturizer

This is the first time that I ever enjoyed black metal. Okay, this is atmospheric and post-metal/shoegaze infused black metal but still. Really was surprised how much I liked it. I'm listening to it at the moment at work.

A fresh album from Ireland, it is a noisy adventure. Try it.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

alanp

Brian Eno's 'Ambient' series.

I'm loving the hell out of 4 "On Land". Dark, moody, kinda amplifies what you're doing, rather than drawing attention to itself.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Cortexturizer

You should really check Benn Jordan - Pale Blue Dot out if you enjoy Brian Eno. I bet you will love it.
To me, it's the best ambient album ever created. Strong words I know. But it has been the sanctuary for me for at least 5 years now.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

GermanCdn

Halestorm non stop for about three weeks ever since I heard their cover of Slave to the Grind.  They have a real knack for writing big hooks, and respect to Lzzy, as it's rare to find a woman who really crushes it in hard rock, but she does.  just watched their golden gods performance of Whole Lotta Love, really too bad David Draiman was on the sing as well, cause they just killed it. 
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

raulduke

Quote from: Cortexturizer on May 08, 2013, 03:11:00 AM
You should really check Benn Jordan - Pale Blue Dot out if you enjoy Brian Eno. I bet you will love it.
To me, it's the best ambient album ever created. Strong words I know. But it has been the sanctuary for me for at least 5 years now.
Love a bit of ambient music!

Jonsi from sigur ros did an album with his boyfriend (Alex) and it is my favourite ambient album by far.

It's called rice boy sleeps. really, really great production on it. Check it out!

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

TNblueshawk

John

BraindeadAudio

A lot of stuff like this while Im working.

Designing a delay reverb around this sort of sound.

And, as always, this.

fendman

Quote from: TNblueshawk on May 08, 2013, 10:52:57 AM
My boss running his mouth  :-\

I like that...haha, it makes me laugh as thats what bosses are good at ;D

Music wise  I like so many different sounds from classical to the other end of the scale wherever that might be,

I still love the old Dylan songs, Jim Croce, Randy Rhoades, Thin Lizzy, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Peter Green, so on and so on.................everything, anything musical I can listen to. :)