News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

Just curious really  ;D

I've been listening to lots of June of 44, Slint, The Shipping News & The For Carnation. I like all sorts of stuff, but i seem to go through phases with in my listening habits. Right now its post-rock / mathy stuff. I guess mostly because  just started a new band that's in that vein, and thats where my mind is at right now
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

TheCobbenator

Throne To the Wolves by From First To Last.  They put this album out within a month of disbanding, and I never got into it much until this week. Really riff-laden -- Almost to a fault, but there's a lot of interesting ideas they pull off.

I've been trying to figure out what I listen to lately and I can't figure it out. Any Thrice fans out there? I can't wait to see them in October!

irmcdermott

Mine's been really random lately (thanks to Spotify). I've actually been listening and digging the new Jeff Bridges album (weird, I know). But there has also been a lot of Radiohead and Deftones thrown in my recent mixes.

Also, I'll plug my best friends new band Jack Buck (they are from St. Louis). They are dropping a three song 7" vinyl in October, pre-orders are up with an automatic download of the record. If you like noisy, hard stuff, check em out. If you DON'T like that stuff, still go check out the 7".... Best. Packaging. Ever.

http://jackbuck.bandcamp.com/

Marv Mod

All kinds of stuff for me, but what I really love is re-discovering an album I haven't heard for ages, sometimes years.

At the moment I can't get enough of Blizzard of Ozz, something I'd forgotten about for about 20 years!!. Randy Rhoads is the man!! It brings back some great memories, not only of the songs and the playing, but of what I was up to at the time. Happy days....!

slimtriggers

I've been listening to the Pete Thorn Guitar Nerd CD.  Good stuff 8)

jkokura

The latest Foo Fighters and the latest from Emery here. I'm a Thrice fan as well, and I too like digging through old albums of mine to find forgotten gems.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

keysandguitars

Some good tunes being heard in here for sure. My latest kick has been along a jamming/improv vein: Phish, Umphrey's McGee, Ratdog, Gov't Mule, Maceo Parker, Dumpstaphunk and....Adele  ;) that girl has a voice. I'm all over the place, just depends on my mood at the given time.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

cjkbug

Monte Montgomery's "live at the caravan of dreams" He's from Austin (of coarse), I think it was recorded in '94. his live version of Dire Straits' "romeo and juliet" is astounding. check it out

He plays a beat to shit alvarez acoustic through a tube screamer. and shreds it till his amp is about to blow. I have no Idea how he controls it but he's amazing. my favorite player at the moment.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

Sigesmundninja

Haberdasher

Good to know I'm not the only guy that listens to ozric and monte montgomery.  shoulda known though.

I've been on a Billy Gibbons kick lately.  Love the old stuff like Rio Grande Mud and Tejas.

Listened to one of my favorite albums from the early 90's the other day, The Grays Ro Sham Bo (with Jason Falkner and Jon Brion).  Reeeeally wish they had made a 2nd album.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jtn191

I've been doing most of my listening through Pandora recently...which is like listening to a radio station run by a psychotic DJ who likes everything I like.

But specifically I've been liking
Charles Bradley

Been playing the intro solo compulsively...

Been listening to Kanye West's MBDTF...so many good hooks
a little band (in age and popularity) called Adam & Naive. Sky Mother and Carolina are class tunes  8)
getting back into some jazz

cjkbug

Quote from: Sigesmundninja on August 25, 2011, 11:28:30 AM
found my way back to Ozric Tentacles lately
oh yeah I used to listen to that stuff all the time. far out man! spice doubt is my favorite of theirs. I've got a dvd of theirs somewhere. I gotta dig it out.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

timbo_93631

the zombies...  freaking cool, makes me wish I was a keys player sometimes.
wishbone ash, there's the rub
two door cinema club: irish emopop with stupendous levels of reverb and lots of cool fender guitars.  fun
airborne toxic event - my buddy Daren's fan-freaking-tastic band.  
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

keysandguitars

Quote from: Haberdasher on August 25, 2011, 11:48:00 AM
Listened to one of my favorite albums from the early 90's the other day, The Grays Ro Sham Bo (with Jason Falkner and Jon Brion).  Reeeeally wish they had made a 2nd album.

Just checked this out on YouTube, good stuff. Thanks El-Duderino...sorry, I'm not into the whole brevity thing.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

dwstanford

Kinks
Stevie wonder
Dr. Dog
Ennio Morricone
MGMT
ODB
Bob Dylan
(Got my ipod on shuffle while i paint my new music room)