News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

stringsthings

Incredible stuff from the Bill Evans trio.

I have this collection on CD.  It's just been released on vinyl.
All You Need Is Love

somnif

Grabbed my copy of the new Queens of the Stone Age album this evening. Loving the stripped down production on this one.

About 12 different flavors of cocked wah/harmonic energizer/frequency boost in that tone.

m-Kresol

Quote from: somnif on August 24, 2017, 10:06:12 PM
Grabbed my copy of the new Queens of the Stone Age album this evening. Loving the stripped down production on this one.

About 12 different flavors of cocked wah/harmonic energizer/frequency boost in that tone.

thanks for bringing this to my attention. Purchased it last week and been listening to it quite a bit
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Rockhorst

Just wondering if there are any fellow Ayreonauts on here and if you're going to the show next week :) I see tickets coming up for sale second hand all the time, so if you missed out, you still can get in!

diablochris6

Quote from: stringsthings on August 14, 2017, 11:55:05 AM

I found this collection on CD a few years back. Brilliant stuff, and Scott LaFarro was taken from us too soon.

Esperanza Spalding is writing and recording an album within 77 hours and is live streaming the whole thing on Facebook. Tons of guest musicians and some interesting compositions are being formed.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

stringsthings

Quote from: diablochris6 on September 14, 2017, 03:34:41 AM
Quote from: stringsthings on August 14, 2017, 11:55:05 AM

I found this collection on CD a few years back. Brilliant stuff, and Scott LaFarro was taken from us too soon.

Totally agree.  To any bass fans, take a quick listen to Lafaro's playing.  Very ahead of his time.
All 3 musicians are/were virtuosos.  I don't listen to a lot of jazz, but I could listen to this anytime.
All You Need Is Love

Timko

Quote from: m-Kresol on September 07, 2017, 12:55:19 PM
Quote from: somnif on August 24, 2017, 10:06:12 PM

thanks for bringing this to my attention. Purchased it last week and been listening to it quite a bit

I'm going to also mention I've been listening to this entire album on heavy rotation.  Mark Ronson of all people produced it, which speaks to it's stripped down funky sounds.  But it's still QotSA, so there's a good deal of No F's Given too.

Appearently Josh is BFFs with the Stone Deaf PDF-2, which is a modern interpretation of the Maestro MPF-1.  Chances I'm going to tackle a build of that this winter? 100%.  I really have a thing for the Queens sound.  I often use my Dual Voice Filter with some cocked wah sounds combined with channel 2 of the Aion Lab Series preamp (mids almost dimed with the fun filter stuff set for the midrange frequency) into a hint of dirt amp. Then bludgeon it with a Giant Hogweed when you need that stoner sludge.

Check out the behind the scene video for this video, set to the studio recording.  The whole album is a groover.

davent

Some older Drive By Truckers, World of Hurt

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

brianq41369

Witch throat serpent & Belzebong- if you don't like Fuzz, then stay away, cuz there's plenty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimilee

Band called indigenous I just discovered, go find you some if you dig Texas style blues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

How did I make it to 44 without listening to Killing Joke? This has got some good stuff.

davent

Quote from: madbean on October 17, 2017, 04:43:08 PM
How did I make it to 44 without listening to Killing Joke? This has got some good stuff.

I bought their first album when it came out in 1980... great stuff!

dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

brianq41369

Is Killing Joke still around? or am I just a little old? Anyhow, thnx for reminding me about them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk