News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxPo

I am listening to very different music. Yesterday I listened to some house, today I am enjoying HIM. It's a pity that the band has broken up, hope Ville Valo will appear more often on the world stage. Read that he bought this isolated apartment in Helsinki and haven't been leaving it for a while, hope it's not a crisis. I used to be his fan in high school, he is a great musician.

lars

This one is for every self-promoting journalist that tries to sound intellectual by writing articles about how "guitar rock is dead" and "kids want electronic music". Then these kids bust in the room:

Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

somnif

Quote from: lars on May 24, 2018, 03:05:29 PM
This one is for every self-promoting journalist that tries to sound intellectual by writing articles about how "guitar rock is dead" and "kids want electronic music". Then these kids bust in the room:

Every time I hear them on the radio I think my local rock station has started playing Zeppelin for some reason. Its almost eerie how close they emulate it.

alanp

I know that the kosher, halal opinion that good little headbangers have is that Ministry's _Filth Pig_ is a bad album. And not bad as in _Plan 9 From Outer Space_, just not worth the bother at all.

But I like it.

Slow.

Dark.

It reminds me of an interview with the guitarist of _Celtic Frost_. The slow stuff is the heavy stuff.

Even if no one knows what the hell the lyrics to _Lava_ are supposed to be.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

stringsthings

Led Zeppelin "listen to this eddie" bootleg from 6/21/1977 forum inglewood, ca

excellent sound quality!
All You Need Is Love

selfdestroyer

Most of yesterday and this morning has been "The Brian Jonestown Massacre - 2018 - Something Else".

I caught one of the newer Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown shows that Anton Newcombe was on. He seemed like he was doing some great stuff in the studio and its been forever since I heard a BJM album. Really digging the garage rock feel of this album.. I can almost see the orange walls and green shag carpet of the room they recorded in when I listen to this.

diablochris6

I recently bought a Kenny Burrell 5-pack set and made it through a couple disks before Coltrane's lost album arrived in my mailbox today. I'll be digging on that one for awhile.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

flanagan0718

Some emo / post hardcore stuff. Picked up the vinyl on the cheap and it has been a great purchase so far

MillionsOfBugs

Lately listening to:
Quicksand, Handsome, Gone Is Gone, Giraffe Tongue Orchestra.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

somnif

Since Aion released his HM-2 clone board today I've been listening to the album that made it famous (or infamous, depending on your point of view)

alanp

I love those half-tone, half-second slides peppered through the verse parts of this track :D

Boris really are an amazing band!
- Terry Pratchett
My website

alanp

QuoteI'm a man who's sick
But I got class
'Coz you only get respect
When you're kickin' ass

_Nihil_ by KMFDM really is a great album. It's interesting to think about genre -- industrial seems to include everything from Throbbing Gristle's fucked-up-edness, to the production value of KMFDM.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

alanp

Old poem, but it's been in the news, so it's somewhat current.

Savvy old bugger.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

culturejam

Get your does of happy hippy right here:

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

davent

First exposed to the hurdy gurdy in the streets of Amsterdam during the early 80's, stumbled upon this guy today.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?