News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

Aesop Rock's 'The Impossible Kid' has been on for like a week now.  This guy writes an amazing verse.  The album was also produced by Rock. 

There's also a video of some puppets reenacting Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' with the entire album as a soundtrack.

Even if you're not into rap, I highly suggest checking Rock out.  There's a well known website that tracks MC's vocabulary.  Rock is famously leading that race (by a lot).

Aentons

Who knew... Darth Vader plays a PRS.

There is one particular character name in the credits that really cracks me up... see if you can guess which one

alanp

Listening to Bohren & Der Club of Gore's album _Beileid_, and got the shock of my life when someone started to sing on "Catch My Heart".

Felt a bit like someone suddenly singing on one of Eno's _Ambient_ series albums.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

matmosphere

This is one that always pops up around the holiday season for me

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1D0A3358808DEB16

Ventures Christmas, some really great guitar playing, fun, jolly sound.

This one and Charlie Brown Christmas are always played when I see my brothers and sisters.

midwayfair

Some friends of mine doing a 600-year-old song ...

bamslam69

Our new car doesn't come with a cd player, just radio, DAB, bluetooth and a USB drive.
Currently trying to choose the best stuff from my 350gb mp3 collection to fit onto a 64GB USB stick.

Something to keep plugged in when you couldn't be arsed linking your phone for spotify, etc.
Up to the H artists now...

davent

Quote from: bamslam69 on December 22, 2019, 11:07:36 AM
Our new car doesn't come with a cd player, just radio, DAB, bluetooth and a USB drive.
Currently trying to choose the best stuff from my 350gb mp3 collection to fit onto a 64GB USB stick.

Something to keep plugged in when you couldn't be arsed linking your phone for spotify, etc.
Up to the H artists now...

For my ipod always let itunes random load from a playlist of tracks with zero plays, never ever knew what was on the ipod (shuffle) or what was coming up next, made for some interesting and wild juxtapositions of songs. When i'd eventually run out of tracks with zero plays i'd zero the play count for everything in the library and start over.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

Got a 'Best Of Howlin' Wolf' record for Christmas. So that's spinning right now 8)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

alanp

"The Final Cut".

It's a lot more understated than The Wall, but I think it has more pathos.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

alanp

- Terry Pratchett
My website

diablochris6

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

alanp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasia_on_a_Theme_by_Thomas_Tallis

Had this on a record for years, and only just found out a couple months ago that it's actually very popular :)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

m-Kresol

the new album "On Circle" by Caspian dropped a few weeks back. Has been running on heavy rotation since the release

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

isoceles

Quote from: alanp on June 13, 2013, 01:54:14 AM

If you like hard rock, heavy metal, anything like that, and you've never heard this track... you will be kicking yourself for not hearing it years ago. I might have linked it earlier, but it bears repeating.

Just one tip -- do NOT look up live versions. Anselmo's voice does not do the clean-shriek-clean thing in this song quite so good anymore.
How did I miss this growing up?

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

alanp

- Terry Pratchett
My website