Author Topic: Very sad news  (Read 1315 times)

Martan

• Solder Ninja
  • Marty
    • View Profile
Re: Very sad news
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 01:22:47 PM »
Very sad to hear. Seemed like a really great and genuine guy. Awesome builder, too.

archaos

• Diode Destroyer
  • Pierre-François
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2017, 01:37:45 PM »
RIP, Man.
Mehr Licht !

jkokura

• Global Moderator
  • Electron Doctor
  • Jacob - SK, Canada
    • View Profile
    • JMK PCBs
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2017, 04:16:17 PM »
I gotta say, this has hit me. I lost a co-worker here this week too. Funeral is on Tuesday.

I only interacted a little bit with Mark, but his work was top notch, and his help and influence on the forum will be missed in the long run. My condolences to his family, if they see this.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

• Electron Doctor
  • Curtis - Calgary, AB
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2017, 10:21:41 AM »
I never know how to react to this type of information.  It's terrible.  RIP Mark.  I always enjoyed reading his posts, and I think I have a couple of his builds done.

It saddens me to realize I know of three people who have now taken this path, two of which in the last year. 
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pickdropper

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 10:28:28 AM »
I never know how to react to this type of information.  It's terrible.  RIP Mark.  I always enjoyed reading his posts, and I think I have a couple of his builds done.

It saddens me to realize I know of three people who have now taken this path, two of which in the last year.

Yeah, this is the second in a few months for me.  The first was a family friend that I grew up with.  I still haven't reconciled why, and I'm not sure it will ever really make sense to me.
Etymotic Research, Function f(x)

timbo_93631

• Electron Doctor
  • Sunday Handwired - Sunday Handwound
    • View Profile
    • Sunday Handwired Amps and Effects
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 02:24:17 PM »
Very sad news.  My prayers and condolences as well.
In His service

LaceSensor

• Electron Doctor
  • Lovetone 4 Ever
    • View Profile
    • How Not To Make A Pedal
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2017, 04:00:04 AM »
Such a massive shame
He had bucketloads of talent

With a few other things going on in my life, Im so glad of a holiday tomorrow. Dont be worried I dont suffer from any mental health but everyone goes through periods where things can become overwhelming. In some cases a rest or a change is whats needed.

Haberdasher

• Electron Doctor
  • "El Duder-ino"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2017, 03:18:22 PM »
Oh man, I'm just now seeing this. Such a shame.

On the few occasions I PM'ed with him, I could tell he was a good guy.  I know some of the questions I asked him about SMT must've been terribly n00bish, but he was always very gracious/patient.  I can't think of a single question I ever asked him where he didn't take the time to reply, and I remember remarking to myself how detailed he was in his responses.

His building skills have already been widely praised, and rightfully so.  I'll just agree with everyone else by saying his stuff was some of the best I've ever seen anywhere (I'll never forget that EQ).  Obviously a very creative & talented person who will be missed.

R.I.P.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABRICATED PCB's FOR SALE:

reddesert

• Diode Destroyer
  • Ben
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2017, 05:30:39 PM »
That's a great shame.  I did not know him, but Bean, thank you for posting and for your heartfelt comments.