News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One, No Volume

Started by NiLace, May 07, 2017, 02:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NiLace

Hello to everyone, first post for me

I've been trying to get my head around this issue but as I don't find any logic I have decided to share my problem hoping someone can help me.
I'm building a Harbinger One for the second time. The first I was clumsy and ended up melting the pads of IC2. I was decided to leave the project for some time, but the demos of the pedal hunted me and ended up trying to build the pedal again.

After finishing the build, the thing was acting weird, I only had sound on tremolo mode but without any kind of tremolo. Checked voltages, audio probed the circuit and after a couple of transistor changes, I thought I was finished.

I have sound that I can audio probe on every pad of the C/V switch when set in Chorus mode, ever transistor seems to be working at the correct voltage, leds are working as they should and so does the lamp, but I cannot get any sound of it. If I audio probe any point in the circuit, it works just fine but when I probe the pins of the volume pot, they're dead.

Have unsoldered the volume pot and tested two other 100KB pots always with the same result, no sound.

I'm no expert in electronics but taking a look at the schematic, I would guess that if have signal on the C/V switch I should be getting something when probing pad 3 of the pot, right?

Any ideas, suggestions, directions, crazy brainstorming would be much appreciated. After two days debugging the whole thing I feel that I'm just a step away of finishing the build.

Thanks

NiLace

After testing and a close look to the PCB it seems that I have ruined the central pad of the switch PCB... so, behold the most unelegant solution I could come up with:

Not proud of it, but the Harbinger One is finally alive.

There's an annoying noise in the background at the rate of the LFO, so I guess that I need to recheck the transistors, but I love the sound of the pedal.

It fired up and have spent almost and hour playing, wonderful addictive sound.