News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FV1 example hex file

Started by cresconio, May 12, 2017, 10:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cresconio

Hi all,

Just finished soldering the Molecular Compactor by David Rolo. I connected it to my Pickit 2 and I'm able to flash the ROM chip on it. I'm looking for an example hex file which I can use to flash the chip. So far I've only found assembly files and I haven't found a program yet to convert it to a hex file. Will get to that later.

Right now I'm looking for an example program so I can check whether everything is working as it should. Hopefully someone is willing to send me one?

gordo

Sign up to the SpinCAD forum and install SpinCAD.  There's info available on Drolo's MC post.  Using that you can populate banks with sample files that Drolo has provided.  Generate hex from within the app and flash away.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cresconio

Nice, thank you!. Gonna give spincad a go, currently awaiting account activation though, hopefully that will be done soon.

gordo

I think Larry had it done same day for me.  He's very responsive and this place is a hang for him as well.  I don't have a handle on SpinCAD yet, mostly because it took me so long just to get a Pickit to talk to an the pedal, but I had no problems arranging 8 patches into a bank and generating a hex file within 10 minutes of installing the app.  Drolo's stuff is great fun too.  My MC is used for "normal" stuff and the MDD is used for the adventurous stuff.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cresconio

Ok got everything working, loading spincad designs to the chip works like a charm. Can't wait for my holiday to start.