News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Feature Requests on Relay Bypass PCB Project(s)

Started by aziltz, August 26, 2011, 07:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd17

let's see I have about 8 builds to retrofit and another 15 or so planned..

looks like I had better find a good volume discount on those relays! I know it isn't at all necessary and comes out to around three times the cost of a blue 3pdt but I absolutely love the luxury of soft switching.

the bax looks awesome as well, perfect to have a few on hand for shiggles. great work!

juansolo

Quote from: aziltz on August 30, 2011, 06:08:14 AMIf you guys have any other ideas for projects you'd like to see me hash out, please feel free to let me know.

*rubs chin*

If you'd like to have a crack at designing the PCB for the boobtube/charge pump/buffer you'd probably do a far better job than I'm doing of it at the moment! I think my last attempt left me thinking that, you know, wiring it on the back of the socket and using vero for the rest ain't that bad really ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

aziltz

i'll have to take a look at it.  I was previously planning to keep my projects in the utility camp, but if there's enough interest, I can work on a few actual effects.

I had an idea to make a breakout board for this 9mm 1P6T switch, similar to the PNP layout provided, but fabricated.  Thoughts?

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=581

sgmezei

I would DEFINETLY take a couple of those. I bought two and can't seem to wrap my head around them. The other styled bigger ones make sense to me but I had trouble figuring this one out with my multimeter. I have to find them and look at it again. I want to use them for multiple diode selection like I did here:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2456.0

cjkbug

Quote from: aziltz on September 05, 2011, 06:16:39 AM
i'll have to take a look at it.  I was previously planning to keep my projects in the utility camp, but if there's enough interest, I can work on a few actual effects.

I had an idea to make a breakout board for this 9mm 1P6T switch, similar to the PNP layout provided, but fabricated.  Thoughts?

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=581
I like that Idea. got a few things that would work on.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

aziltz

i just put in an order for prototypes of the relay and the EQ.  if they work when I verify them, I will have a few extra, before placing a large quantity order.

jubal81

Quote from: aziltz on September 05, 2011, 10:29:29 AM
i just put in an order for prototypes of the relay and the EQ.  if they work when I verify them, I will have a few extra, before placing a large quantity order.

Out of curiosity, which fab house do you use?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

aziltz

I use the dorkbotpdx hobby service for protos and I've used silver circuits for my micro buffer run.

aziltz

ok I'm going to be prototyping a couple of things.

Relay Bypass Board
Micro EQ (2 Band Bax, similar to Xotic pedals)
9mm 1P6T Breakout Boards  (1 for Caps, 1 for clipping)

I will have a few extras once I verify these.

The power supply project will have to wait until next month.

JeffdaMaori

Sounds really cool, I'm interested! Great ideas!
Would the layouts be single sided and would you share them for those who etch themselves? That would be awesome!
Also having a board for the Boob tube as Juansolo chimed in would be super sweet.
Cheers!

aziltz

these will all be double sided, manufactured boards, but I will share single side versions where I can, although I might have to drop some features.  The idea here is to have things be as small and versatile as possible.

sgmezei

Where do we sign up? Just let us know how to pre-order with ya  ;)

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

aziltz

I'm going to try to set that up this weekend.  I was trying to get as many projects committed to the prototyper before I started talking about pre-orders, but I have 4 of 5 that I wanted in.

Here's a preview of the 1P6T breakout boards.  I've designed 1 for cap switching and one for diodes.  The cap one is straight forward as you can see.

For the 1P6T Diode selector, I attempted to make it as small as possibly while providing a good spread of configurations.  I stood things on end so it would also be easy to swap between different diode types.  Here's the break down of the layout:

2x Symmetric
2x1 Asymmetric
4x Timmy (pairs joined in middle)
3x2 Asymmetric (with cap to bypass 3rd diode)
2x LED (for same type)
2x LED (for mismatch)

I tried to hit enough bases that things could also be adaptable to your favorites, and I threw in one of my own, 3 diodes to 2 asymmetric with a cap to bypass the third diode.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jkokura

That's Rad dude. Very super cool. I will be taking at least one of those...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals