News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Can anybody identify this circuit?

Started by Guybrush, May 18, 2017, 11:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kajnjaps

Quote from: Guybrush on May 26, 2017, 05:34:11 AM

I'll do some socketing. Any suggestions for R18 and 19?

Edit - On the tagboard layout the components are lablled. WOuld you be able to point out which resisors I should socket?

Cheers

Hi, see the diagram attached in this message for the positions of R18,R19 and R1. For a bit more gain, change R1 to 470 ohm. For R18 and R19 I wouldn't go below 100 ohm.

If possible, let me know how it works out and sounds  :)

All the best!

Guybrush

Thanks pal.

I've been a bit tied up this week but will get on it asap!

Cheers

Guybrush

I finally finished it over the weekend. I obviously don't have anything to compare it against but I believe it is working as it should.

I am getting a distortion with a fuzzy edge. There's not a great deal of distortion even when cranked but what there is sounds good to my ears. The bias pot changes the nature of the distortion (more splatty and fuzzy in several settings) with several 'dead' spots but I guess this is to be expected with this kind of control.

The shape knobs affect the signal quite dramatically depending on the bias setting and there's plenty of useable and not so useable sounds to be had. I tried swicthing out R1, 18 and 19 as suggested but found the stock values sounded best.

I have only had chance to play it at low volume and looking forward to getting it turned up!

Does it sound like a BOSS unit? No, and that's the point!

Thanks all