News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Elecrow sale

Started by flanagan0718, May 25, 2017, 01:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Just thought those who do their own layouts would like to know that the prototype 5 piece boards are on sale. The 5 x 5 cm, 5 x 10 cm and 10 x 10 cm are all $5 plus shipping. I just spent $30 on some prototypes I've been dragging my heals on...any ways just an FYI.

-Mike-

beneharris

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I love those guys, they've done my last 3 sets of boards. Good stuff. I've got one I've been holding off on, too. Thanks for the heads up.

wgc

I was just going to post this sale. Ordered 3, hopefully can finish some cleanup on a couple more asap.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

mjg

OK, I'm going to give Elecrow a go.  For the boards I wanted to order it was less than half the price that it would have been on oshpark.  Seems cheap.  Or have I just misunderstood what I'm paying for? :)

flanagan0718

Nope. You understood correctly. There are a few things to take into consideration. One you need to know how to create Gerber files. If I can do it anyone can...trust me. Two you need to know that you'll be waiting a month or so before you get the boards. Other than that you should be good. I recommend downloading their gerber cam job creator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjg

Thanks Mike. 

I think I'm OK with creating gerber files - the ones I uploaded to oshpark looked good, just no way to verify them when uploading to electrow.  I guess they will email if they can't use the zip file I sent. 

Still haven't had time to sit down and learn Eagle, so still using Fritzing to make the gerber files.  Yeah yeah, I know.

midwayfair

Quote from: mjg on May 28, 2017, 04:50:22 PM
Or have I just misunderstood what I'm paying for? :)

There is a quality difference, but the difference is not necessarily an important one for what we do. Though Osh boards to tend to be more durable for replacing components and de- and resoldering and stuff like that.

madbean

Quote from: midwayfair on May 29, 2017, 07:15:43 AM
There is a quality difference, but the difference is not necessarily an important one for what we do. Though Osh boards to tend to be more durable for replacing components and de- and resoldering and stuff like that.

What Jon said. The OSH Park stuff is 2oz copper with the ENIG standard which adds up to a very tough PCB. But, Elecrow makes a plenty good PCB for the price.

m-Kresol

when I ordered from Elecrow last year you could select FR4 thickness, 2 or 4 oz copper thickness as well as HASL or ENIG finish. Don't know if the sale is available for only one choice.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

EBRAddict

Quote from: mjg on May 28, 2017, 11:17:52 PM
Thanks Mike. 

I think I'm OK with creating gerber files - the ones I uploaded to oshpark looked good, just no way to verify them when uploading to electrow.  I guess they will email if they can't use the zip file I sent. 

Still haven't had time to sit down and learn Eagle, so still using Fritzing to make the gerber files.  Yeah yeah, I know.

I uploaded my ZIP file of Gerbers and there was a link to go to a board viewer.

I ordered some 10cmX10cm boards and the cheapest shipping option was $11. I went with the DHL shipping option and the price for 10 boards was $26US. The last time I went with the cheap shipping option it seemed like 6 weeks to get my boards.

flanagan0718

Cool I'm glad people were able to take advantage of the sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjg

My boards arrived today - took them 1 week to produce, and 2 weeks to ship to Australia on the cheapest shipping option, so I'm happy with that.  I ordered 5 boards, they shipped me 7 for the same price. Quality seems to be good.

I've soldered one up tonight, and it works, which is a bonus!

flanagan0718

Quote from: mjg on June 21, 2017, 03:36:20 AM
My boards arrived today - took them 1 week to produce, and 2 weeks to ship to Australia on the cheapest shipping option, so I'm happy with that.  I ordered 5 boards, they shipped me 7 for the same price. Quality seems to be good.

I've soldered one up tonight, and it works, which is a bonus!

Yeah they typically send 6 or 7 boards of each set.

EBRAddict

My boards took 11 calendar days to arrive from placing my order to delivery via DHL, in the SE US. I haven't had a chance to work with them but they look good for a cheap proto board.

flanagan0718

Mine showed up a few days ago as well.