News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD (and sort of NPD)!

Started by jkokura, August 27, 2011, 07:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

I guess I gots a thing for red... This is my third red guitar, which makes all three of my electrics Red. I need a red Tele and I may have all the guitars I'll ever need! I also have a thing for unusual super strat shapes too, as my usual guitar (A Larivee RS-4) is certainly an unusual but excellent playing guitar. That one has a SSH setup though, so this one with a pair of buckers is definitely different.

This is a Parker P44. It was one of their inexpensive line made in Indonesia until they shut that shop down in 2010. This is an 08, apparently made in January. It's got a cool pair of really nice humbuckers in it, along with a Fishman Piezo system built into the bridge. So the control knobs are: Volume for Humbuckers, global tone knob with coil split pull switch, volume for piezo. The switches are 3 way for the humbuckers and a 3 way for the two systems. You can choose either just Humbuckers, both, or just piezo. The output is a stereo system with a stereo cord, or it sums both pickups to mono.

I'm thinking about build a stereo cord and then a splitter box for the board so I can send the piezo pickups to a DI box. Then I can use the guitar for acoustic parts, and the electric for other stuff, or even blend the two. it would be cool to also run it as a wet/dry system with two amps - send the buckers through some effects and run the piezo clean through a second amp. Being able to 'blend' the two with two different volume switches is a cool feature too, especially if they're summed to mono.

Also, in case you missed it - I got a special edition sparkle red Barber Tonepress over the summer. I got to plug it in and add it to my board for the first time just this week! I like it so far, and until I build that compulator circuit it'll be my go to comp.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals