News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Couple fuzzes and a Tesseract distorted reverb

Started by diablochris6, June 05, 2017, 12:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

Haven't built a bunch this year so far; work was pretty intense this school year. I managed to actually box up a few builds. First up is the SNAFUzz which is essentially a Clusterfuzz. I built this up with intentions to fiddle around with values and transistors, but it rocks so well the way it is right now. I applied a green spray paint and gently sprayed gold over it for neat effect. Due to a miscalculation, I had to mangle the rotary switch so I could plug into this.
I also built a GuitarPCB Big Muff with violet ram's head specs and added ALL the mods: mid contour, diode selector, HPF, LPF, Tonebender diode cut, and tone control cut.
Lastly, I had my Tesseract Reverb boxed up in a plain enclosure and decided to spruce it up. I used a mix of light blue, purple, and gold spray paint for a celestial cotton candy look that is much more vibrant in person. I drilled the wrong side for my LED, so I added another so I know when it is powered and when it is activated.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Boba7

We're missing a gutshot (is it on vero?)! :)

The reverb looks really cool and I really like the colors on the all-options-big muff!!

Aleph Null

Digging the gold over green!

I've begun planning my own Tesseract build, and looking at your gutshot is making me nervous about trying to cram it in a 1590BB. Did you use a taller version of the enclosure, or the standard BB?

midwayfair

Cool looking builds.

Also, I like that you photograph your builds with your textbooks. :P

Philthy

chris - is the clusterfuzz clone on vero or did you do an etch?

bluescage

stringsthings

Very nice!  I've just started on my Tesseract.  I like it when I have a build
to compare with. 
All You Need Is Love

selfdestroyer

Those came out awesome. That BMP is such a huge pedal in such a tight package. Perfectly executed.

Cody

diablochris6

Quote from: Boba7 on June 05, 2017, 01:35:56 PM
We're missing a gutshot (is it on vero?)! :)

The reverb looks really cool and I really like the colors on the all-options-big muff!!

I actually created a PCB for it. I didn't want to really widely advertise it (I don't have any extras).

I was pretty jazzed about the color schemes on these pedals too. Fun with spray paint!

Quote from: Aleph Null on June 05, 2017, 02:23:45 PM
I've begun planning my own Tesseract build, and looking at your gutshot is making me nervous about trying to cram it in a 1590BB. Did you use a taller version of the enclosure, or the standard BB?

I used the standard BB. If you are precise with your drilling measurements, it will fit fine. I had to bend one of the lugs of my output jack so it wouldn't bump into the PCB. I don't have a drill template, but I got mine in using a ruler, math, and brute force.
Quote from: selfdestroyer on June 06, 2017, 09:59:25 PM
Those came out awesome. That BMP is such a huge pedal in such a tight package. Perfectly executed.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I needed all those options, but I... hahaha, who am I kidding? Everybody knows I am addicted to switches and knobs! Even with all the options, I can't find a bad sound with this thing. I am not always a fan of GuitarPCB layouts, but this board gave me the space to fit all those switches.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

PaulL

Molecular Cell Biology - That could be a name for a Pedal - or an alternative rock band...