News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clone Theory in a 1590B

Started by EBK, June 13, 2017, 02:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrclean77

Quote from: dan.schumaker on June 14, 2017, 07:33:46 AM
Tagboardeffects:  You probably can't do this.
EBK: Hold my beer.... ;D

Exactly!  ;D

reddesert

He's mad!

That's very impressive. I think the original Clone Theory graphics are some of the best on a pedal, and great job on those as well.

EBK

Quote from: reddesert on June 14, 2017, 10:48:10 AM
He's mad!

That's very impressive. I think the original Clone Theory graphics are some of the best on a pedal, and great job on those as well.
Thanks!  I'm happy with how the graphics turned out as well. But, thanks to the hard work and generosity of others I've already mentioned, I mainly just had to scale and move stuff.  I am pretty proud of changing an upside-down 'G' into a '9' though.  ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

Quote from: mrclean77 on June 14, 2017, 09:35:54 AM
Quote from: dan.schumaker on June 14, 2017, 07:33:46 AM
Tagboardeffects:  You probably can't do this.
EBK: Hold my beer.... ;D

Exactly!  ;D
That does capture it quite well.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Kartoffelkopf

Wow. Just wow.  I wasn't sure if you'd be able to pull it off, but you pulled it off and then some.  Super awesome!

Boba7

That is crazy! I just honestly can't believe it! Amazing work.

storyboardist

Guy behind Effects Layouts

juansolo

Impressive, didn't expect you to get it into such a small box!  :o

8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

vero ninja! most excellent build

EBK

Thanks again, everyone!

Believe it or not, I'm actually thinking about making another one of these.  As I mentioned before, this one is going to my friend, but it does sound pretty good, and I don't currently have a chorus pedal of my own. 

If I do end up building another, I'll try to document the process more, including providing an updated Vero layout with the necessary changes to squeeze this in (along with any component size measurements where it might make a difference (electrolytic caps, mainly, I'd imagine).  I'll make a drill template too (already have that for everything but the jacks from when I made the label).

Don't expect it too soon though....

Also in the works, I'll record a video demo of this (after I figure out how best to do that).

bluescage

EBK

I've been working on building a second one of these.  This time, I've squeezed the jacks a little more toward the switches, so I had to modify the boards less.

I've widened the charge pump board slightly to make it lower in profile.  On the main board, the red cap at top center is the same as the one mounted to the back of the board in my first build. I've slid the top lead down a row here to increase jack clearance, but now it is on the correct side of the board.  Other than that, the only real changes from the tagboardeffects layout are the corner cutaways and the shifting of the large electrolytic caps to allow them to lay on their sides (the large 1uF film caps are also moved so they can lay on their sides, but their leads still go to same holes as before).  The +15V and ground connections to the main board will still be made directly to the leads of the large cap, as in my previous build.

I'll need to adjust my graphics to match the slight shift in jack positions.

Scruffie

Those 680pF caps should be 412pF by the way, Tagboard used an outdated schematic of mine, parallel a 390pF & 22pF.
Works at Lectric-FX

EBK

Quote from: Scruffie on July 21, 2017, 05:20:06 AM
Those 680pF caps should be 412pF by the way, Tagboard used an outdated schematic of mine, parallel a 390pF & 22pF.
Good to know, and a simple fix.  Thanks!

I'll have to issue a recall of my first build.   ;)

BrianS

Don't know if this would be of any interest to you but Arrow has 1590BS enclosures which would give you 15mm of extra height.  I know you boxed one up in a "B" but just thought I would pass this to you.  I myself would go nuts trying to measure it out for fit lol. 

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/1590bs/hammond-manufacturing