News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Function F(x) humble-brag

Started by madbean, June 14, 2017, 10:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

After an endless desert of product development we have finally arrived at a Function F(x) pedal oasis! Three new pedals getting released within the next couple of weeks.

Clusterfuzz Jr - CF in a 125B with three clipping options and an 8-Bit switch instead of a pot.
Accufunkture - Think Micro V envelope filter with some extra bells and updated for current production components
Cannon - Think Gary Clark Jr - octavia and Astrotone with our dual switching implementation

Not tryin to sell ya anything...just so happy to finally show what we've been doing for the last year! We've got two more coming pretty soon after these.

alanp

Beautiful things!

Although, where is the F F(X) branding on The Cannon?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Adam_DIY

zombie_rock123

Love the aesthetics and cant wait to hear how they sound
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on June 14, 2017, 10:15:53 AM
Beautiful things!

All over, it's covered up with f f(x) stank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

bluescage

m-Kresol

cool to see some additions and congrats guys on your successful journey to pedal paradise!

What are the chinese (?) symbols on the accufuncture?

The new designs - except the CF Jr - are really different from the current pedals. Not a bad thing, but they don't have that function f(x) flair to me. just meant as constructive feedback.

is there a 'no clipping option' on the CF Jr.? and what does the toggle on the canon do? order switcher?

again, great to see you making progress
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

pickdropper

Quote from: alanp on June 14, 2017, 10:15:53 AM
Beautiful things!

That's actually an earlier photo of a prototype.  It's at the bottom center on the real ones.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Quote from: m-Kresol on June 14, 2017, 11:31:37 AM
cool to see some additions and congrats guys on your successful journey to pedal paradise!

What are the chinese (?) symbols on the accufuncture?

The new designs - except the CF Jr - are really different from the current pedals. Not a bad thing, but they don't have that function f(x) flair to me. just meant as constructive feedback.

is there a 'no clipping option' on the CF Jr.? and what does the toggle on the canon do? order switcher?

again, gra

Constructive criticism is always welcome.  The Cannon has a particular aesthetic as it is the signature pedal for Chicago blues artist Toronzo Cannon and that is his personal logo.  The choice of circuits was his as well.

The Accufunkture was just something different.  The theme seemed to fit with the name we gave it.

There is actually a clipping option on the CF Jr.  It's LED-OFF-Silicon
Function f(x)

selfdestroyer

These came out great. Nice to see some 125B sized stuff from you guys.

Cody

pickdropper

Quote from: selfdestroyer on June 14, 2017, 12:19:39 PM
These came out great. Nice to see some 125B sized stuff from you guys.

Cody

Yeah, it was pretty clear that some folks wanted smaller enclosures.
Function f(x)

diablochris6

Very cool. I can't wait to hear all the rave reviews about these pedals too! Good job, fellas.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

nzCdog

Hotness! 125B topmouunt jacks = total win!  ;D . Loving your graphic design theme and execution... Top drawer effort, team. Congratulations, I look forward to the demos  8)

wgc

Wow, three at once!  Congrats and best wishes for great market reception.

Love that shade of blue.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings