News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Upcoming releases for July and August

Started by madbean, June 21, 2017, 07:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

It's a bit disturbing isn't it?  I might actually bypass this one.  I'm thinking my Final Phase (yet to get bumped off my board despite being the size of a box of granola bars) may indeed be my final phase.

Aw geez, who am I kidding...

Still the FP makes what little hair I have left stand on end every time I punch it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

somnif

funny enough the phase 90 is one flavor of phaser I've never bothered with (My boss ph-3 emulates 4 stage really well, and I hate jfet matching). Maybe this one will actually push me over the edge of just accepting the inevitable.

somnif

Out of curiosity, just in case (of course), what flavor of JFET does the Tractor beam use? 5952s? J201s? 5485s? Unicorn scented 2n4303s?

No reason, not building a shopping list or anything... I swear I can stop anytime I want...

BrianS

Quote from: somnif

No reason, not building a shopping list or anything... I swear I can stop anytime I want...

Who are you trying to fool?  ;D  I  said I wasn't going to get but 1 VFE board and now I have 3.  And of course I have several Phasers I built and really don't use them much but I got to have a Tractor Beam.  I do real good for about 3 days then I have to (have a fix) buy something.  I think 80% of the people on here are affected by PAS.  PEdal Addiction Syndrome. 

Kyuss

Im afraid i have PAS too :-|

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Kyuss

Speaking of which: my pedals are all working right now so i got a feeling i'm falling into a big black hole.....

Anybody got some tips? I made a treble booster, the Arcadiator and Into the Unknown. Next one will be the Mandroid and i'm not looking for tubescreamers etc. I like the ones that do something different

madbean

Quote from: somnif on August 08, 2017, 09:20:04 PM
Out of curiosity, just in case (of course), what flavor of JFET does the Tractor beam use? 5952s? J201s? 5485s? Unicorn scented 2n4303s?

It will require four matched 2n5952. It also uses three resistor networks to save some space on the board. I'm waiting on a few parts myself!

BrianS

Quote from: Kyuss on August 08, 2017, 11:37:57 PM
Speaking of which: my pedals are all working right now so i got a feeling i'm falling into a big black hole.....

Anybody got some tips? I made a treble booster, the Arcadiator and Into the Unknown. Next one will be the Mandroid and i'm not looking for tubescreamers etc. I like the ones that do something different

Just about anything in the Filter/Mod section of the MB store. 

cajone5

Quote from: madbean on August 05, 2017, 08:33:40 AM
Quote from: somnif on August 03, 2017, 12:32:57 AM
Out of curiosity, is the Supering still on track a release this month? I'm in the mood for some ethereal spacey goodness and it's intrigued me since last August.

I think it will be the first week of September. As is the case with 9/10 prototypes, just as I am about to finalize the design I think of something to add or a better way to do a thing. So, I'm going to run one more proto of it before finalizing. I'm improving the Dwell (feedback) control and I'm adding the ability to swell the reverb or feedback with a momentary switch. Plus maybe one other option for fun and games.

Anxious for this one as well.  8)

warriorpoet

Quote from: cajone5 on August 09, 2017, 07:20:59 AM
Quote from: madbean on August 05, 2017, 08:33:40 AM
Quote from: somnif on August 03, 2017, 12:32:57 AM
Out of curiosity, is the Supering still on track a release this month? I'm in the mood for some ethereal spacey goodness and it's intrigued me since last August.

I think it will be the first week of September. As is the case with 9/10 prototypes, just as I am about to finalize the design I think of something to add or a better way to do a thing. So, I'm going to run one more proto of it before finalizing. I'm improving the Dwell (feedback) control and I'm adding the ability to swell the reverb or feedback with a momentary switch. Plus maybe one other option for fun and games.

Anxious for this one as well.  8)

Same. Holding my breath for this and the glorious Biscuits o' Butter! El Frijole Furioso brings the best and worst GAS  ;D ;D ;D
Mzo.FX, Owner

junkemail86

I saw a few Function F(x) pedals in a guitar shop in Chicago!  They looked very cool.  Didn't have time to try any gear that day though

pickdropper

Quote from: junkemail86 on September 23, 2017, 11:51:48 AM
I saw a few Function F(x) pedals in a guitar shop in Chicago!  They looked very cool.  Didn't have time to try any gear that day though

Was it Rock N Roll Vintage, by chance?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

junkemail86

yep! any of you guys based out of Chicago?