News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

September Happenings

Started by madbean, August 29, 2011, 08:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Here's an update on what's coming up in the month of September!

Fabbed boards

I'm placing the order tomorrow for the next round of manufactured boards. These will include new projects and some that are out of stock. Here's what's coming by mid-Sept:

Dirtbag Delay - DMM
LowRider - Octaver
Slow Loris (new layout)
Pork Barrel (new layout)
Ego Driver (new layout)
Tube Screamer (I need a name for this one!)
Pepper Spray - Percolator
Mudbunny - these just went out of stock
Aquaboy (if I can afford it with everything else)

The Deadringer is going to be redesigned and re-stocked at a later time.

Sept. 10th - Mark your calendar

I'm formally ending the hand-made service for PCBs on 09.10. This is the culmination of the process I started a year ago to go to manufactured boards exclusively. It will also free up a lot of time for me to work on design, new projects and some website stuff.

There are about a dozen hand-made boards right now. Some of these will become manufactured boards eventually, and some will be eliminated. I will definitely be discontinuing the Cosmopolitan and Spackler on 09.10. I will start work on the Loophole ver.2 as soon as time allows (I have three new chips on the way to test out design ideas!)

Baby Boards
I submitted ten projects for prototyping yesterday for the new mini builds series. I tried to cover as many different types of fx as possible, and they include a booster, overdrive, a couple of distortions, a vibrato, a phaser, a delay, a compressor and chorus. There are 5 more designs I have not yet submitted.

You can expect some of these boards to go into the second round of manufactured boards to be released at the beginning of October!

Other Projects
I am really close to finishing off these projects: Dirtbag Jr (v3205), Stage Fright phaser, the reverb, Dipthonizer, Electric Mistress, Weener Wah and two other delay projects. Most of these only require another couple hours each of bench time to complete. Depending on what gets done when, some of these will be released with the Baby Boards. The rest will drop in November.

I will definitely have all of these projects done and released by the end of the year...most likely by November.

Tutorials

Jacob has submitted a really nice set of tutorials on project building that is fairly comprehensive. This, along with some other tutorials that were completed several months ago, will be making an appearance on the website really soon!

That's it for now  8)

jimmybjj

Wow, some really exciting stuff going on. It really is crazy the amount of stuff you have going on! My vote goes for "Hot Head"
Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

Most excellent!  :o

My vote is "Rust Rocket" for the tube screamer.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cjkbug

fantastic!!! I can barely contain my excitement. I like "pipe dreamer" for the ts
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

masterlk

My input for the Tube Screamer name is the Colossal Fossil

T_MBaker

The cynic in me would suggest "yawn inducer" for the TS, but
masterlk's suggestion of "Colossal Fossil" is more amusing.

I'm always amazed at how much you do Madbean.
Top effort.

Can't wait for some of these projects (especially the Electric Mistress), and these baby boards are going to be super cool!!

jtn191

Quote from: T_MBaker on August 29, 2011, 10:36:04 AM
The cynic in me would suggest "yawn inducer" for the TS, but
masterlk's suggestion of "Colossal Fossil" is more amusing.

call it YATS-ZI

...which clearly stands for Yet Another Tube Screamer--um Zamboni Invasion

bigmufffuzzwizz

This is the thread I've been waiting for. Geez 1 month to move the old stuff and get ready for all this new...
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jimmybjj

Are the baby circuit going to be classic's or original circuits?
Pcbs no longer available

rjkanejr

For the TS howbaout  Dali Drive or Dali Driver (think Salvador Dali's The Scream painting) or in tribute to SRV who is most known for using the TS, Double Trouble (although that kind of denotes a dual pedal) or Texas Flood (his first album 1983) or the most widely known song off that album - Pride and Joy or maybe the PJ drive

madbean

Quote from: jimmybjj on August 29, 2011, 12:59:41 PM
Are the baby circuit going to be classic's or original circuits?

yes and yes.

jkokura

Brian, it looks like we need another poll for a name on this one...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

raulduke

Good news all around then  :)

+1 on Collossal Fossil as well.

Myramyd

Quote from: rjkanejr on August 29, 2011, 01:07:40 PM
For the TS howbaout  Dali Drive or Dali Driver (think Salvador Dali's The Scream painting) or in tribute to SRV who is most known for using the TS, Double Trouble (although that kind of denotes a dual pedal) or Texas Flood (his first album 1983) or the most widely known song off that album - Pride and Joy or maybe the PJ drive

"The Scream" was painted by Norwegian Expressionist Edvard Munch (sorry).

So you could call it the Munch Inducer perhaps.

J

oldhousescott

So how about a contraction of his name and painting? "the Scrunch"!