News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

September Happenings

Started by madbean, August 29, 2011, 08:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Anything that has board mounted pots will include a precise drilling file in the project documentation.

jimmybjj

sweet that is what i was hoping for .
Pcbs no longer available

jkokura

I go at it a bit differently.

Usually you can find out how far apart the centre lugs are from each other. Say for example that two pots side by side are 0.8" apart (like in a lot of my layouts). The holes for the pots willbe drilled 0.8" side by side. I use a vector graphics program to create my graphic layouts, and I prin out a version that includes markings for using a centre punch to mark out my pots, switch and led.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

dwstanford

Quote from: madbean on September 03, 2011, 05:20:28 AM
Anything that has board mounted pots will include a precise drilling file in the project documentation.

Thats good.  I've never used any of the drilling templates, but i'll probably have to with the board mounted stuff.  When i did the fuzz factory with 9mm pots, i just kinda eyeballed everything and it was a pain.  i kept having to bore out holes to make everything fit. 

aflynt

Quote from: jkokura on September 03, 2011, 10:33:57 AM
I go at it a bit differently.

Usually you can find out how far apart the centre lugs are from each other. Say for example that two pots side by side are 0.8" apart (like in a lot of my layouts). The holes for the pots willbe drilled 0.8" side by side. I use a vector graphics program to create my graphic layouts, and I prin out a version that includes markings for using a centre punch to mark out my pots, switch and led.

Jacob

That's exactly what I do.

-Aaron

jkokura

In the case of the Fuzz Factory, another thing you can do is take the actual board, lay it out on top of the enclosure, then use a pencil and colour in the middle hole for each pot (lug 2). If you are careful, use some painters tape and also mark a line on it before hand for both the centre of the enclosure, and the line you want the pots to line up on a perpendicular to the centre of the enclosure. Line up the middle lug'sd middle hole and BAM. You've got yourself a smoothly awesome very easy to drill set of holes.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

raulduke

Quote from: jkokura on September 03, 2011, 10:04:39 PM
In the case of the Fuzz Factory, another thing you can do is take the actual board, lay it out on top of the enclosure, then use a pencil and colour in the middle hole for each pot (lug 2). If you are careful, use some painters tape and also mark a line on it before hand for both the centre of the enclosure, and the line you want the pots to line up on a perpendicular to the centre of the enclosure. Line up the middle lug'sd middle hole and BAM. You've got yourself a smoothly awesome very easy to drill set of holes.

Jacob

Thats a good tip there.

Drilling enclosures is my least favourite part of building pedals.

I even bought a drill press (£50 !!!) and still find it a bind.

DuctTapeRiot

Any update on when the new Pork Barrel boards will be up for sale??  My Small Bear order is on the way and I am jonsin!!  ;D

madbean

The order has been placed and it will be here in less than two weeks, I think.

insomniac2295

madbean

EgoDriver, Pork Barrel, Low Rider, Green Bean, Pepper Spray, Mudbunny and the Slow Loris will all drop on the same day.

groovybenny

How long until the dirtbag delay is ready?

Cheers

Edit: Found some info- October =)

Mike @ Rawkworks

Should I run into a wall at full sprint or down a couple cases of beer to make the next 3 days go by faster?
Mike
mike@rawkworks.com

rullywowr

Quote from: tyronethebig on September 22, 2011, 06:01:51 PM
Should I run into a wall at full sprint or down a couple cases of beer to make the next 3 days go by faster?

No on the wall, but yes to the BEER! ;D

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

insomniac2295