News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Firebomb sample - My 2nd demo

Started by Neeno, August 29, 2011, 02:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neeno

Hey guys, this time it's time for my latest build.
The firebomb 2-in-1.
This is my first booster, I never used nor owned one before, so I didn't really know what to expect apart from a device meant to add some gain to my guitar signal.

But to my surprise that was something more than just some gain I really like the way this pedal colors the sound, so I decided to make a super quick demo.

Since it really didn't make sense to drive the DI input of my soundcard, I placed the firebomb before the krankosaurus I just built to have "something to drive".

The recording chain is the following:
Guitar -> firebomb -> krankosaurus (set as mild overdrive) -> t.c.electronic konnekt 8 DI input -> Overloud TH2 (blackface '65 amp and cab set clean with just a bit of break-up, mic'ed with a SM57, you'll able to hear the clean tone at the beginning)

This time it is hosted on soundcloud.
http://soundcloud.com/neeeeeeeeno/firebomb-2-in-1

The "effect" might sound a bit "subtle" (especially the comparison between Boost A and Boost B, but it is not at least IMHO, it really worth having one, so thank you one more time for a great project madbean.

P.S.: sorry for my english...

mgwhit

It may be subtle, but it still sounds fantastic.  Nice demo!

bigmufffuzzwizz

I don't find it subtle at all! Maybe compared to a big nasty fuzz but I'm really into SHO's for what they are. This is just an even crazier SHO..Great demo contribution  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

shawnee

Neeno

joegagan

that is a cool grind, i like the treble bite! what is the guitar?

i used to like a SHO into my jtm45 clone with an attenuator, it sounded very similar to the treble grind in your clips.