News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pale Horse No Signal in Bypass ... Fixed .... I Think ...

Started by BrianS, July 04, 2017, 01:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

Finally put this together yesterday.  Pedal sounds fantastic when on but I'm getting no bypass when it's off. I am out for the day so I can't post pics.  Any ideas on why this might be happening? All the parts came from Mouser so that's not a problem. 

m-Kresol

Quote from: BrianS on July 04, 2017, 01:27:27 PM
Finally put this together yesterday.  Pedal sounds fantastic when on but I'm getting no bypass when it's off. I am out for the day so I can't post pics.  Any ideas on why this might be happening? All the parts came from Mouser so that's not a problem.

which bypass system are you using? Got any audioprobe results?

No offense, but you know the drill about getting tech help... we need more info please. good luck
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

madbean

Do you hear the relay click over when you press the momentary switch? Have you grounded as described in the doc? Both of those could be problem areas.

Ralfg

Check your relay against the picture in the doc. I wired mine upside down the first time and got no bypass signal... doh!
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

BrianS

Well I got home from my sons house and started looking at what I did wrong.  Didn't take to long to find what I freaking did (relay backwards as Ralfg said and I looked at the picture before putting it and still did it wrong. What a JA).  I got it out but broke a pin in the process.  I had a spare and put it in and I have bypass now but now the pedal won't work when engaged.  I probed the board and have signal into pins 7 and 8 of the relay but I was so pissed that I just put everything away and will see if I have anything going out of the relay tomorrow. 

I suppose if I have nothing going to the other side of the relay I can assume I fried it putting it in, yes or no? 

Fantastic sounding pedal even when I didn't have bypass. Kinda wish I would have just left well enough alone and just kept it on all the time.

Thanks guys for responding.

BrianS

Probed the other side of the relay.  I have signal going in from pin 7 to 2 but nothing to 3 which of course goes directly to the out jack.  And I did put a new jack in last night just to ensure that would not be the problem.  So I am guessing theres a problem with the relay opening up, ie, I fried the new relay?

BrianS

I got it working.  I reflowed the connections between the 2 boards and it seems to be ok. 

Ralfg

Glad you got it working and it was nothing major.
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

BrianS

Thanks. I just hope things don't go wack when I box it.  I am sort of worried about that.