News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anybody looked at tayda lately?

Started by matmosphere, July 05, 2017, 09:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Just noticed they now carry Panasonic electros, and some Wima Caps. Seems they might be upping their game a bit

Betty Wont

yep, and Nichicon caps too. And their 1/4w metal film resistors stayed the same price, but are being replaced with Xicon type.

matmosphere

dan.schumaker

I've used some of the newer resistors they have been carrying.  I know a lot of people were worried about the thinner leads (It never bothered me), but these new resistors definitely have thicker leads to them.

matmosphere

Quote from: dan.schumaker on July 05, 2017, 11:58:34 AM
I've used some of the newer resistors they have been carrying.  I know a lot of people were worried about the thinner leads (It never bothered me), but these new resistors definitely have thicker leads to them.

The leads never bugged me either.  As long as they measure in spec, which they always have for me.

Better electros is a welcome change though.

Betty Wont

Right!? And i always clip off like 95% of the lead anyways, and whats left is encased with solder. I like the thick lead clippings for jumpers and bus wires though.

somnif

Only time the thin leads bothered me was when I was socketing something. The machined sockets didn't hold the skinny leads very well (leaf spring type would but its a pain to clip those down).

The other exception was with the Krypton phasor when I used a loop of lead to attach wires for a stage select switch, and the thin leads felt like they would break off with barely any force.