News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Blueshift (Dimension C) Chorus

Started by dan.schumaker, July 17, 2017, 05:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

Here is the Aion Electronics Blueshift Chorus.  Kevin did an amazing job laying this guy out.  It is totally a beast.  100 resistors, 60+ caps, there is a lot going on in there.  His hard work did pay off, it sounds amazing to boot.  The gut shot doesn't show much with the stacked boards hiding all the components, but the layout is simply a work of art.  The layout was very clean, made populating and finishing this guy up a breeze.

matmosphere

Whoa Dan, you are a machine. How do you get this stuff done so quickly.

Looks great too.

BrianS

Looks great and you certainly finished it like really fast lol. 

bsoncini

Nice build. That was quick.

Just got home from work and this PCB was in the mailbox for me. It looks like a really high quality PCB. A lot of stuff crammed into a small area but all the numberings are clearly readable.

Timko

Awesome build.  You do get things cranked out in record time :)

How was the setup of the pedal?  This is going to be a fall project for me (I've got 4 other builds in the queue before it), and I'll need to purchase an oscilloscope first.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

dan.schumaker

For all the components on the boards, it wasn't all that bad to populate.  The layout was really clean and helped with that.  An hour on resistors, an hour on caps, diodes & IC's, and maybe another hour wiring everything up, and I was good.  Calibrating was a breeze.  Measure pin 3 of the BBD's, bias them to 3.4v (right about center on mine anyway), and I was good to go.

jubal81

Super build - real accomplishment. Congrats!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Martan

Sweeeeet! About to start this one. I think that if there is a type of chorus that I would actually use, its this "static" chorus. I seem to like detune-stye choruses better than swirly ones.

BrianS

Quote from: dan.schumaker on July 17, 2017, 07:34:44 AM
For all the components on the boards, it wasn't all that bad to populate.  The layout was really clean and helped with that.  An hour on resistors, an hour on caps, diodes & IC's, and maybe another hour wiring everything up, and I was good.  Calibrating was a breeze.  Measure pin 3 of the BBD's, bias them to 3.4v (right about center on mine anyway), and I was good to go.

So you did yours by ear or with an oscilloscope? 

dan.schumaker

Quote from: BrianS on July 17, 2017, 11:12:34 AM

By ear.  Set it to ~3.4V, no distortion, sounded good, so I boxed it there and called it good :)

BrianS

nzCdog

Yoiks thats an epic pcb build for 125B.  Congrats, looks great ;D

EBK

Could you say a bit about the finish?  Was an artwork file posted?  I couldn't find one....
Your pedal has a frosted look to it that is kind of interesting.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Timko

Quote from: dan.schumaker on July 17, 2017, 11:35:40 AM
Quote from: BrianS on July 17, 2017, 11:12:34 AM

By ear.  Set it to ~3.4V, no distortion, sounded good, so I boxed it there and called it good :)

Well, you may have moved this up on my build list.  I think I own a lot of the parts anyway already.  This one looks like so much fun.