News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ambient Echo Machine (souped up Multiplex)

Started by sjaustin, July 17, 2017, 10:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjaustin

This one has been in the works for a long time. I love the 1776 Effects Multiplex. Just a stellar echo sound with a cool momentary warp/detune feature. I love the modulation on the Jr. model, but it doesn't have the momentary button. I wanted both. So step one was a Multiplex with the supplemental modulation PCB, but then I had another idea: momentary oscillation.

There are a few ways to do this, but after asking around and getting some suggestions, I decided to go with my original idea, which was to use a momentary 3PDT switch where the common row was wired to the feedback control on the PCB, the normally connected row was wired to the feedback pot, and the momentary row connected to a trimpot of the same value, set just at the edge of oscillation. With a little help from Morgan at BYOC (see here), I got it all working as expected.

So now I have a Multiplex with modulation, detune, and oscillation. Throw in a decal design from my talented designer from Dave, and we're good to go...

...except that I seem entirely incapable of building a Multiplex without mis-drilling a hole. My original location for the output jack was not compatible with my placement of the PCB. So I have a little bit of a silly I/O situation going on, but oh well.

I plan to change the modulation knobs to cream and the echo type knob to a mini chicken head, but other than that, I think it's ready to go on my board! Thanks Josh for this brilliant circuit.

selfdestroyer

Oh hell yeah! That looks fantastic. Love the artwork and control layout. The Multiplex is still my fav PT based delay with the Deep Blue Sea not far behind.

Also got the "vintage" 1776 green 3PDT break out for extra mojo. lol

Cody

Addy Bart

Looks really good and I love a good decal design :)
The link re the oscillation switch didn't work for me but I'll try again later on a different browser. I rarely use the detune footswitch on my Multiplex but the oscillation mod sounds interesting.

alanp

The H11F1 almost looks like a d-pak regulator, in that shot.

Very nice work!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Boba7

Wow that looks very very very good!! Im blown away. Amazing job.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

davent

That came out great, super job!

Someday i'll finish mine...

And of course which enclosure did you use?
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Timko

Very nice.  I love the oscellation switch; the Sagan Delay had one and it was a really cool feature.

Leevibe

Nice work! I love the cassette tape graphic.  8)

sjaustin

Quote from: davent on July 18, 2017, 03:16:01 PM
That came out great, super job!

Someday i'll finish mine...

And of course which enclosure did you use?
dave

Thanks! It's a 1590DD.

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

nzCdog

gordo

That looks terrific. It has a bit of a Danelectro vibe going on. Are those brown knobs?

I must admit to not being much of a PT fan till built Bean's Mimik. Somehow I "get" it now so I should really invest in a 1776.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love