News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pale Horse

Started by BrianS, July 21, 2017, 06:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

Been meaning to post this for awhile.  Really nice sounding pedal.  Its found a place on my board.  Drill template is spot on, so as long as you get it on the box straight it will be lined up correctly for the jacks and pots.  Besides the below self induced problem it was a really easy build.

I had one problem with putting this together and it was my fault. Make sure you orient the relay correctly on the switch board (the stripe goes towards the foot switch). It will work the other way but you get no bypass signal.  It wasn't fun trying to get the relay out and I probably burnt it up and broke one of the pins.  That's why the relay looks slanted in the gut shot. 

I would also follow Madbean's recommendation on using a separate dc jack and not the one that solders to the switch board.  Mine came out all right as far as it lining up but I would just like it to be a little more secure than it is.  Again this is just a personal preference and you may like the board mounted dc jack.

I know this has been said more than a few times but thanks Brian for providing this awesome project!!!!!

jimilee

That's it, I'm out, You win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nzCdog

Cool project!  Great build  8)

oip

looks fantastic!  also totally going to use the small and normal size pot combo idea from now on