News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

wolfshirt-replace octave toggle with footswitch?

Started by chris weaver, July 21, 2017, 12:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris weaver

Hi, I am about to build a wolfshirt. Is it possible to swap the octave toggle with a foot switch & if so what kind?
A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. Joseph Conrad

BrianS

You could use a Dpdt stomp and just use one side of the lugs to get what you want.

Bret608

I used a SPDT latching stomp in mine. Brian's right that a DPDT would work as well. That would be cool because it gives you the option of using a bi-color LED to represent octave on/off. If you're interested I can dig up the thread where someone explained this to me.

Are you using the current version of the Wolfshirt board? You would only need to wire the square and center switch pads on the PCB to an outer and center lug of your footswitch.

chris weaver

Yes it's the newest version, and the bicolor led directions  would be great!
A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. Joseph Conrad

chris weaver

so if i used a dpdt with bi color led (say red is oct off, green is oct on) how would I wire that? also how would I wire it for a regular led (off when oct is off, on when it's on) ?

chris weaver

Wait...I just sat down & looked at an actual switch, I think i've got it ...thanks haha