News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Simple Tails mod for delays.

Started by madbean, January 25, 2013, 06:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkL

I am having trouble with this mod.  I wired my delay for true bypass and placed the tails add-on on a separate switch (SPDT).  When I turn the switch on, tails in engaged and seems to work fine.  But when I turn the switch off, all delay repeats disappear.

Does turning the switch off kill the signal's ability to go into the PT2399?  How can I fix this?

I noticed earlier a diagram about wiring the tails switch to a 3PDT switch, but on another site (Fuzzdog), there was nothing about this, and the implication was that wiring the add-on as I did would be sufficient and allow the delay to function normally when tails swas switched off.  I'm quite confused.

MarkL

Wait.  I think I understand now.  Turning off the tails add-on cuts the PT2399 from the signal entirely.

So -- I am going to try to hack together something with a DPDT switch that will allow for the PT2399 to stay in the circuit when the tails add-on is switched off.

If it works, I'll post a diagram of what I came up with.

shango

I built this mod and added it to a wampler faux analog echo. It works fine initially but after about 10-15 seconds, I start getting distortion and the audio signal slowly fades until the pedal is completely silent. Unplugging the power adapter and plugging it back in brings back normally functioning but the same fade out/distortion happens each time.

I'm not super tech savvy with circuits yet, but could someone point me in the right direction in terms of troubleshooting? Thanks so much!

shango

I am using 100nf for C2, although the cap it's "replacing" is 1uf, could this be the issue? Will try replacing it tonight.

PedalJerk

Hi there. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but is there a way of adapting this trails bypass to a circuit like the Total Recall (Deluxe Memory Man)? Would it be best across the 1n2 cap into the second half of the first 4558 (after the input preamp stage) or across the 220n into the NE570 compander input? Obviously, the biasing and voltages would be quite different, being that it's a -15V positive ground circuit. Is there a more elegant method? Or one with a lower parts count?

EvertDePevert88

Let's see if anyone will still read this in 2018,

I want to modify my T-Rex Tonebug Reverb to have tails. It's based on the Spin FV-1 chip. Does anybody know if this mod would work with that pedal?