News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

wiring the madbox splitter/mixer

Started by bolch, July 24, 2017, 07:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bolch

hi,
i'm a beginner and need help. i've built the madbox but have no idea how to wire it. could please someone help me out?
thank you

Critzmow

Yes, me too. Very few info comes with it!

zgrav

Are you asking for help for a DIY project from a different supplier?  This particular forum is supposed to be for help with projects from the MBP store.

I suggest you look at the building instructions for some of the "noob" boards in the MBP store, since they have good diagrams showing you how projects are connected to the input, output, and power jacks.   Since you are building a "splitter/mixer"  you can think of any "SEND" points as a type of output jack, and any "RETURN" points as a type of input jack for your wiring.

I hope that is not only helpful, but gets you acquainted with some of the projects available from this site (no affiliation with me, except that I have built a number of them and have them on my pedal board). 

That should be enough to get you up and running.  If your project is not working after you get it together, you may need to ask for assistance from the seller's site.

fair.child

It should be under THCustom effects thread I believe.

HamSandwich

Quote from: Critzmow on March 08, 2019, 12:08:40 AM
Yes, me too. Very few info comes with it!

Welcome to the forum.

Indeed you'd want to post this under the THCustom subforum.

But in any case, this is your project? http://diy.thcustom.com/shop/madbox-v3-1-pcb/

Take a look at the schematic and you'll see an in and an out, these you'll want to wire up as normal ins and outs. You'll see send A and return A, and a send B and return B, which you can find on the PCB as well. You can wire each of these to the tip of a jack or to the ins (send) and outs (returns) of the two circuits you want to blend together if you're putting them all in one box. The pot has pins 3 and 1 labeled so you should solder to pot in with pin 3 to 3 and pin 1 to 1. The + and - power are labeled on the board. You'll need to ground all of the jacks, be it from the power supply - or through the enclosure. You'll have six jacks total and power jack.

Dry drawing up a wiring diagram of how you think it would go together, and we can let you know if you've got it.