News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Best Practice - Switch Lock Washer Placement

Started by Philthy, July 27, 2017, 01:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philthy

Never to old to learn I say...

This post has on the current BananaGanger Build Report thread has me interested as I adopt a similar practice to the OP.

Quote from: EBK on July 24, 2017, 09:57:38 AM
I'm nitpicking here, but would this look better with the lock washers inside instead of outside?

What am I, and the OP, doing wrong?

thesmokingman

lock washers only really work when they have something metal and immobile to dig into ... so inside the case is where they belong.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

davent

Yes... inside and drill a dimple for the washer numb to lock into just like for a pot.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Philthy

ah, I am looking at the wrong washer. I was referring to the one on the footswitch with the plastic washer and locking star washer.

kgull

Yep, locking star washer goes on the inside of the enclosure, not the outside. Not only does it look nicer, it actually works better because it literally "locks" the body of the switch to the inside of the enclosure.

davent

For some reason my brain was thinking toggle switch, must have just come from reading a thread about those. In any case starwashers/lockwashers inside, a must have for jacks and work well for pots if you don't want to use the anti spin tabs.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?