News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pine-o-clean tremolo

Started by mjg, July 30, 2017, 02:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

Quote from: m-Kresol on July 30, 2017, 04:30:05 AM
this is all sorts of cool. Very creative!

^^^^

LOVE this!! The "science" video is priceless. And your kid is going to have chops!

mjg

Reviving this thread so I can have a humble brag about my kid. 

The kid entered this in the science fair at his school and got first place.  Then entered it in the Territory science competition, and got first place there too. 

Then, it went to a national competition (Australia that is) and he found out today that it came in somewhere in the top 60 or so entries for the nation, and he was up against kids a few years older than him too.

So he's pretty happy with himself.  He got to have cake tonight to celebrate.   ;D

Time to start thinking what he can do for this year's project...

somnif

Quote from: mjg on February 19, 2018, 01:01:21 AM
Time to start thinking what he can do for this year's project...

There's always this fun bit of madness: https://www.zvex.com/about-the-candela-vibrophase/

(or in slightly less absurd style: https://makezine.com/projects/make-33/optical-tremolo-box/ )

mjg

Ahh yeah, the optical tremolo.  We have already thought about doing one of those.  I've got an old Walkman CD player that is just begging to have a new life. 

EBK

How about an R.O.U.S. (Reverb of Unusual Size)?
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

gordo

Maybe you could make a reverb out of a loaf of bread.  I kid but I'm blown away by the inventiveness of this project and this is my second look at an old thread.  I think my styrofoam balls on coat hangers around a light bulb as the solar system was pretty cutting edge when I was a kid.  Pretty caveman by today's standards.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

thesmokingman

dearmond tremolo control ... the rev willy g powers his with windex
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

blearyeyes

That is so cool. Memories that will last. Good job Dad!

Willybomb

What's the song he's playing in the first clip?  I know it, but I just can't place it...

mjg

Surfing with the alien, by Joe Satriani. 

It's what he's been learning lately, so I hear it about 10 times a day.   ;D

pedalhealer

www.pedalhealer.com
instagram: pedalhealer_dot_com

marcao_cfh

reddesert

I missed this first time around. Very, very cool.