News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunn 200s Question

Started by cloudprofessor, August 01, 2017, 08:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudprofessor

Hey everyone, first post here.

I'm working on this sunn 200s layout that a client asked to be built, but I'm having a very hard time locating the 22k lin and 2.2k log pots for the treble and mid controls respectively. Is there another any other values I could use instead? I was thinking 20k or 25k for the treble and either a 1k or 5k for the mid. I literally cannot find anything close to 2.2k log taper in stock anywhere.

Additionally, does anyone know what these trimmers need to be set to? The only place on the internet that this layout shows up is in another madbean thread but there's no other info on the build.

Thanks

BrianS

Tayda has a 2k log and a 20k Lin. That should be fine.  Not sure on setting the trimmer.

reddesert

The layout is from the forum at tagboardeffects. Try looking here: http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Fender-Bassman-and-Sunn-200s-preamp-pedals-td25184.html.

Pots frequently have a 10-20% tolerance so a 2K or 2.5K and 20K pot should be close enough.

The trimmers are for setting the drain voltage of the JFETs. In the absence of any other information you could adjust them to set the drains at 1/2 the supply voltage (4.5v).