News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus Flanger

Started by stringsthings, August 02, 2017, 04:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringsthings

Started this build last year (!) and finally got around to finishing it.  I had the circuit board all populated
with a MN3007 that I bought off ebay and it wasn't working.  So I finally got around to getting a good chip
from smallbear and the circuit fired right up.   Lots of flanger goodness!  Many years ago, I had an original
MXR 117.  One of my faves that I've missed ever since. 

Ran into a bit of a prob with the output jack.  When a plug was inserted, it was hitting the feedback trimmer.
Drilled out the hole to a larger diameter and moved the jack far enough to not cause the problem.
Apologies for the blurry pics ... need to pick up a cheap tripod for my extremely cheap camera.

All You Need Is Love

Ralfg

Nice work! I always seem to mess up top mounted jacks. Is that gold spray paint with a waterslide?

Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

Govmnt_Lacky

The collosalus is a mighty flanger in it's own right but...... I have yet to find a flanger that beats the 'ole SAD1024. Its sad (no pun intended) that no one has re-made that magic chip!

gordo

Agreed. I wonder Reticon has the design all tied up.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

stringsthings

Quote from: Ralfg on August 02, 2017, 04:41:04 PM
Nice work! I always seem to mess up top mounted jacks. Is that gold spray paint with a waterslide?

Thanks!  It is indeed spray-paint:  Rustoleum Metallic Gold.  And a clear waterslide decal.
And for finish, Rustoleum clear-coat.  cheap and cheerful!  :)
All You Need Is Love

BrianS

Nice in and out.  Great job.

Leevibe

Beautiful build. I need to build a flanger.

Bret608

That Rustoleum looks really good! Nice work. I need to do a flanger too at some point.

cresconio