News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Les Paul with a built in OD??

Started by jimilee, August 02, 2017, 08:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

shedland

Just seems wrong to me.

somnif

At 5700$ I know exactly how I feel about it.

Zigcat

Matt

I don't like it. But I'm very set in my ways.
Matt

somnif

No worse than the ridiculous "self tuning" robot Gibsons I suppose.

I wonder what the mysterious "analog overdrive" will be. Given its 3 control set up my first thought would be a BMP, but shoving one of those up an LP's tailpipe just seems... weird. Not to mention needing a screwdriver anytime you want to change a setting...

I could get like, sticking in something dirt simple like a LPB or SHO, thats easy enough and transparent enough to actually work in an "always in the chain" config, but this?

And seriously, almost 6 grand. No.

AntKnee

How does an OD circuit, that any of us can build, crammed into a guitar cavity justify doubling its price?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

jimilee

Quote from: somnif on August 03, 2017, 02:31:55 AM
No worse than the ridiculous "self tuning" robot Gibsons I suppose.

I wonder what the mysterious "analog overdrive" will be. Given its 3 control set up my first thought would be a BMP, but shoving one of those up an LP's tailpipe just seems... weird. Not to mention needing a screwdriver anytime you want to change a setting...

I could get like, sticking in something dirt simple like a LPB or SHO, thats easy enough and transparent enough to actually work in an "always in the chain" config, but this?

And seriously, almost 6 grand. No.
Rehoused behringer probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Decidedly impractical for a convenience feature.  Having the controls recessed on the backside of the guitar requiring a tiny screwdriver make them less useful than bending down and changing controls on an actual pedal.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gordo

They've done silly crap like this before.  At least the RD Artist guitar & bass had Moog stuff in it.  In fact the model was pretty much built around the electronics.  But this?  For one thing I'll never be able to afford an LP anymore but this strikes me as adding a trunk net to a Ferrari.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

chris weaver

More non sense for people who can't play but have disposable income. ("It's got a built in overdrive....")
A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. Joseph Conrad

Govmnt_Lacky

First of all.... I believe the pricing is so high because they plop the words "Custom Shop" in the name.

Second of all..... probably just a tweaked TS in the cavity  ::)

Aleph Null

Shove an OD in a guitar? Sure! But start talking about active pickups and the same guys loose their mind.  ???

I have trick wiring in a few guitars, but if I'm going to put an effect in the instrument I want an effect that I would want to manipulate in real time (a delay, maybe? Chaos pad?) and easy access to the controls.

lars

Would have been more impressive the other way around:  an overdrive with a les paul built in.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

jimilee

Quote from: lars on August 07, 2017, 08:10:23 PM
Would have been more impressive the other way around:  an overdrive with a les paul built in.
BAM! I don't mind the overdrive or even a floyd rose, just not on a Les Paul, it's just an American tradition style guitar.