News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Arcadiator troubleshoot

Started by Kyuss, August 05, 2017, 07:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyuss

To what are R8 and D2 connected? Looks like they're isolated, but i must be wrong. Please help me read pcb's :)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

somnif

Its a double sided PCB, there are links in play on the non-visible side as well. You can trace it out in the schematic in the build doc: http://www.parasitstudio.se/uploads/2/4/4/9/2449159/arcadiator_25_doc.pdf

Kyuss

Kyuss

Here are some better photo's. DC is connected as it should be; - to the short lug (center), but still i don't have power.

I measured the + and - but it was 0 (i measured the adapter which is 9 volt off course). Like i said: somehow + and - seem connected when i measure them (!) What could be wrong??

BrianS

I looked for the schematic to see where the power was going but I can't find one.  You're going to have to contact Freppo for that.  I'm surprised he hasn't joined in on this.  Like I told you, I had a build a few months ago they behaved the same way.  But it had more than one voltage limiting diode and one of them went bad. 

You're positive you have the + and - going from the 3pdt board To the main board right?  It looks right but it's hard to follow the wires.

The only way I know to get through this is start from the power input.  Desolder your power wires from the 3pdt board.  Plug power into the dc jack and see if you have 9v on your multi meter at the wires.  If yes, then you know your problem is pass that and something is "shorting out" for lack of better terms.  If no, then you have a problem with the jack.  Keep moving towards the main board if you have positive results. I'm not real good at trouble shooting but sometimes it just a case of eliminating the obvious and it can get frustrating as heck.  The switch might be bad.  That's kind of the steps I would take at this point.  Maybe someone else will come on and give an idea.

Kyuss

Allright i found the problem: a LITTLE TINY PIECE OF negative wire touched a positive solderpoint. Had to see with a magnifingglass bit it helped. AWESOME SOUNDS!!

Thanks guys. You rock

BrianS

Great. Glad you got it working. Sometimes you spend hours trying to figure out what's wrong and you overlook the obvious and you say how did I miss that  :o.  So you learned a good lesson here, look everywhere (wiring, solder joints, etc) for a possible problem.  That's one reason why you're asked to post a picture of the bottom of your board when posting a problem thread.  People see things that you miss sometimes. 

If you are using wire that's not pre tinned it's really good practice to tin it before you put it in the pad.  That will prevent it from separating and potentially causing a stray ground problem. 

Anyway, I am happy You got this fired up. This is a great forum and loads of helpful people on here.

Kyuss

Sure is!