News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Road Rage voltage inversion?

Started by vizcities, August 09, 2017, 11:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vizcities

I'm in the midst of trying (for the third time!) to build a PNP fuzz face - well,  aRoger Mayer Classic Fuzz on a GPCB Great Balls of Fuzz board anyway - with a voltage inverter, and this time I invested in the Road Rage instead of going down some quixotic vero path. However, I'm having the same issue I always seem to have: the effect won't turn on.

I've wired and populated the Road Rage correctly, including checking for cold solder joints/reflowing, and my multimeter reads ~9v at the +DC input pad. It also reads ~9v at the +9 out pad, which would be great if that was what I was using; unfortunately, I'm trying to use the -9 out pad, and it reads absolutely nothing there, no matter how I use the probes (black at G, red at + or vice-versa).

Because the RR seems not to be working (yet), I'm not sure if the fuzz circuit itself is causing any problems, though I plan to hook up a 9v battery later today. In the meantime, could anyone hazard a guess as to what's up with my RR? Or give me a better sense of how to troubleshoot it? All thanks in advance  8)

Ralfg

What charge pump are you using? If you are not using an LT1054 you need to add the jumper under the ic. That's just the first guess, you might need to add pictures and more info.
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

cajone5

Quote from: Ralfg on August 09, 2017, 12:20:07 PM
What charge pump are you using? If you are not using an LT1054 you need to add the jumper under the ic. That's just the first guess, you might need to add pictures and more info.

I suspect this as well.

vizcities

It was totally the jumper, by the way. Thanks! It's been a while since I missed something so glaring  :o

Ralfg

It happens far too often then I would like to admit... oh I just admitted it. Glad it's working for you now.
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/