News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Extra + and - pads on SAWSE board

Started by Guybrush, August 10, 2017, 03:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hi all

It's been a long tome since I put a Madbean board together and have seeminly forgotten some of the basics.

The SAWSE board has the usual four 3pdt connection pads at the base of the circuit: In, Out, 9vt and Grnd

At the top of the board are extra pads for 9vt and Grnd.

My question is do I need to connect these two extra pads to my test rig when testing the board or do I just need to connect the four 'normal' pads?

Thanks in advance

WormBoy

If I look in the build doc, there is no +9V connection at the lower end of the PCB: it's ground, LED switch ground, LED+, LED-, in and out. Makes sense as the switch does not need 9V  8). The bottom ground pad is connected to the top ground pad (you can check with a DMM set for continuity). So, the top 9V+ goes to your testing rig, either of the grounds, and the in/out.

Guybrush

Quote from: WormBoy on August 10, 2017, 03:47:04 AM
If I look in the build doc, there is no +9V connection at the lower end of the PCB: it's ground, LED switch ground, LED+, LED-, in and out. Makes sense as the switch does not need 9V  8). The bottom ground pad is connected to the top ground pad (you can check with a DMM set for continuity). So, the top 9V+ goes to your testing rig, either of the grounds, and the in/out.

Ahh ok, thank you. I was even more confused than what I thought!

Thanks for setting me straight!