News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tenma Solder Station Newark $52.49

Started by BrianS, August 10, 2017, 11:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

I got an email from Newark discounting this solder station.  It has 5 stars from the 8 reviewers.  I don't know if it's good or what (I do have a Tenma capacitor meter and It works fine) but for someone who is looking for an inexpensive station this might be ok.  SLDR25 is the discount code.  If should ship free because it's over $49.  Just wanted to share this if there was a need.

http://www.newark.com/tenma/21-10115/soldering-station-esd-safe-60w/dp/56T2208

BrianS

Hey Cliff.  I don't know if it is or not.  If the one you have is working for you I might be hesitant on buying another one.  After my first one pooped out (not actually stopped working but the handle would get so freaking hot you couldnt go for a long time) I bought a Hakko 888.  I wished I would have bought one the first time.  I know nothing about the quality of the product with the exception of my capacitance meter and like I said it works.

On a side note that DD-500 is still sitting on top my amp.  I feel like i need a NASA degree to work the thing. I played with it a little and had to play over the weekend I got it from you so I put my DD20 back on.  I will figure it out one day.  It is a nice delay though.

cajone5

I am using the MS3 now and after you get past the learning curve it is a really powerful tool.  I felt the same way about the DD500 though.  Too deep for my delay needs.  Sounds great but I don't have the time or energy to delve that deep into one effect. :o