News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Univox Fazer woes

Started by disorder, August 12, 2017, 01:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disorder

This Univox Micro Fazer does not faze!! I get a slightly quieter bypass signal with no phasing when effect is engaged.

http://schems.com/bmampscom/effects_misc/Univox_MicroFazer.gif

I audio probed down the line of the opamps and I get an awesome phasing sound at the output of all the opamps except the last one OP5 in the schematic. Could someone tell me what DC voltage I should expect at this output? The rest of the opamp outputs have ~4.5VDC on pins 1 and 7 except for that last one it only has about 2VDC.... strange?

disorder

Seems like the last stage is clipping off the bottom half of the signal, which by the time it reaches the output (which passively blends dry and wet signals) I'm not getting much wet signal.

Stomptown

Quote from: disorder on August 12, 2017, 02:43:52 PM

Seems like the last stage is clipping off the bottom half of the signal, which by the time it reaches the output (which passively blends dry and wet signals) I'm not getting much wet signal.

I designed a PCB based on that schematic and it did work.  Did you treat the dashed portions of the circuit in the bottom left as an "either or" or did you include the dashed sections from original and subsequently traced unit?