News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another question about relay switching

Started by jimilee, September 27, 2021, 09:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Is there something in the wild that with momentary switching like the EQD pedals? If you aren't familiar, to momentarily have an effect, just step on the stomp and hold it down, no long-press and two short presses, and to switch it on and off, just step on it like normal. I find this feature pretty useful, you know, for playing in my office by myself and all....
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on September 27, 2021, 10:20:42 PM
PedalPCB has a version
I did not realize they have relay switching items. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nimbleswitch

Seems like a cool idea, but then there's be no way to do a short *STAB* of a distortion effect without it switching into latched-on.

Or am I missing something?
I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is waving a dildo.

jimilee

Quote from: nimbleswitch on October 23, 2021, 11:45:00 PM
Seems like a cool idea, but then there's be no way to do a short *STAB* of a distortion effect without it switching into latched-on.

Or am I missing something?
EQD has theirs set up latching or momentary with out any extra top dancing.

nimbleswitch

Yeah, here's an open-source one that claims to have "EQD style" switching. (No tap dancing.)

And if I need to customize the code so that 1/2 note = momentary and anything shorter than a half note is full switch. Interesting. https://mas-effects.com/relay-bypass/
I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is waving a dildo.

jimilee

Very cool.