News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ProfessorPoopyPedalPanorama.com Tommy Demo

Started by jjjimi84, August 07, 2018, 09:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is my first post of what I hope to be many more going forward, I have way too many diy pedals and I thought it would be great to start demoing them one by one. First up is my most recent build, this is a ProfessorPoopyPedalProjectsPanorama.com Tommy. It is a great over drive pedal and I loved using it with its great eq abilities.

For the demo I start off playing a "D" chord and you will hear two clicks, one is me turning on the D3lay that is in the effects loop of the Mesa RA-100 and the next is the Tommy. My pedal board was setting next to the microphone and picked up both clicks.

Every guitar track is my Warmoth VIP with two humbuckers into a Mesa RA-100 on 50 watt mode recorded with a Sennheiser e906. I did not move the mic once, i never actually left my chair just adjusted the Tommy.

For the strummed rhythm i used middle position on the guitar with the Tommy in the middle position no gain and just dialed out a bunch of low mids to get that jangly clean sound. The solo was the bridge pickup with the Tommy in the bottom position using the gain at about 11 o'clock, guitar 3 was bridge again with the Tommy in the up position running pretty saturated.

Let me know what you think, also the mix isn't 100% perfect I am still working out the kinks with the Faderport and reaper.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/dan-keclik/pedalpcbcom-tommy-demo[/soundcloud]