News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone built a vero PLL?

Started by soldersqueeze, August 20, 2017, 10:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMowdes2

Quote from: bsoncini on August 31, 2017, 11:12:22 AM
That looks nuts. Is there more pots/switches than resistors/capacitors on that PCB?
Yup, there isn't much to it if you remove all of the pots and switches

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

DeadEndFX

Netnnk

soldersqueeze,  I only found out about the PLL this week and have been gathering info. It must be that EQD pedal that's made it pop up so much as a topic of conversation recently.  This guy  built one w/ mods using the same Tagboard layout as you:
http://jbpedals.blogspot.gr/2016/09/schumman-pll-clone-with-add-ons.html

I'm tempted too...

PMowdes2

I've hit a bit of a snag with the design I made.  I cannot find a B2M 9mm right angled pot for the response control.  I get the impression they don't exist. 

Anyone got any ideas where to find one???? otherwise it's back to the drawing board.
DeadEndFX

Andlord

You could contact alpha and ask them if they would do a small run. On their website the biggest value for 9mm pots is 1M.

Maybe it is easier to just design it to wire off board

alanp

Dualgang 1M pot in series with itself?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

m-Kresol

your layout looks fantastic. If it becomes available, this is one of those builds I want to build not because I need or would use the effect much, but rather for the challenge. Drilling the enclosure will be giving me nightmares for days.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Philthy

+1 count me in (and I don''t even know what it does)
looks like  fun project

PMowdes2

I've managed to rework it so that I can fit a 16mm pot on-board for the response control.  it's not ideal, but it will do the job.  I just need to get the stomp switches spaced correctly and do a final check over, then I think I can get a set of prototypes made.  Keep your eyes peeled for updates.
DeadEndFX

PMowdes2

A little update, just waiting for payday

DeadEndFX

m-Kresol

you reworked it quite a bit! this is going to be a demanding build for sure. eager to see/hear the results
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

PMowdes2

Yeah, I had trouble routing it with the divider below the multipler, too many crossed traces with the pots and ICs.  This isn't as faithful to the original but given the drone and momentary footswitches and all the off board stuff are all on board I think most people won't mind.

DeadEndFX

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

selfdestroyer

Looks fun. Would love be to get my hands on one when they come available.

Cody

PMowdes2

Boards have arrived, waiting for parts

DeadEndFX

matmosphere