News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone built a vero PLL?

Started by soldersqueeze, August 20, 2017, 10:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

A combination of personal circumstance and a few warm-up builds delayed progress but i've picked this back up.

Quote from: Netnnk on August 31, 2017, 09:57:07 PM
soldersqueeze,  I only found out about the PLL this week and have been gathering info...
I'm tempted too...

Thanks for the link, here are a few pics to encourage you to join me in this madness

All the wires

I rigged it up so i could wire up one side of the board then flip it over. The layout is really good for this as most of the pot wires are one side and the rotary switch wires the other.

Flipped the board and wired switches before transfering to the box. There are a few wires from the pots which need to be joined with wires from the "rotary switch" side of the board to be soldered up and tucked away, but it means i can flip over the board if i need to trouble shoot the wiring or solder side of the vero. Think it's going well so far.

soldersqueeze

Quote from: PMowdes2 on October 11, 2017, 04:46:52 AM
Boards have arrived, waiting for parts

Does this run on 12vac like the original? I have a 500ma 12vac adaptor from ebay and have been wondering about wiring ac power. Do i just take one terminal to the +12vac wire on the board and treat the other as i normally would ground? Any input greatly appreciated.

PMowdes2

Yes and yes.  The PLL splits the ac power though the two regulators which are adjusted via the two trimmers, you should be looking for +11V and - 11V there or there abouts depending on the iCs you are using.  Have a look through the thread over on DIY for a clearer idea of how to set it up.
DeadEndFX

soldersqueeze

Quote from: PMowdes2 on October 25, 2017, 02:59:27 PM

Yes and yes.  The PLL splits the ac power though the two regulators which are adjusted via the two trimmers, you should be looking for +11V and - 11V there or there abouts depending on the iCs you are using.  Have a look through the thread over on DIY for a clearer idea of how to set it up.

Thank you that's great. I couldn't find anything specific to wiring the power input, and just have a real mental block when it comes to the fact that it doesn't matter which way round you wire the tip and sleeve of the power. I guess it's because i've never used AC for anything before.

PMowdes2

Build progress
DeadEndFX

soldersqueeze

Quote from: PMowdes2 on October 28, 2017, 03:10:27 PM
Build progress

Damn that looks so clean! Between this and your Ring Stinger PCB i really can't wait to send you all my money  :)  Please do let us know when you do a run of them, i'd be gutted to miss out

PMowdes2

Quote from: soldersqueeze on October 29, 2017, 08:20:47 AM
Build progress

Damn that looks so clean! Between this and your Ring Stinger PCB i really can't wait to send you all my money  :)  Please do let us know when you do a run of them, i'd be gutted to miss out
Now with knobs

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

DeadEndFX

PMowdes2

Quote from: PMowdes2 on October 29, 2017, 11:13:50 AM
Build progress

Now with knobs

Last update,

This spent a week on the bench and wouldn't pass signal, finally figured it out and it runs pretty sweet, still need to find some time when the nipper is out of the house to really give it a blast.

DeadEndFX

PMowdes2

Quote from: PMowdes2 on November 06, 2017, 05:20:47 AM
Quote from: PMowdes2 on October 29, 2017, 11:13:50 AM
Build progress

Now with knobs

Last update,

This spent a week on the bench and wouldn't pass signal, finally figured it out and it runs pretty sweet, still need to find some time when the nipper is out of the house to really give it a blast.

So things went a bit quiet on this one, sorry.
The original build works great but the 9mm pot combo with the large rotary switches as a no go, plus all the controls were mega cramped.
So I rejigged it with 16mm pots in a larger layout, ordered the boards and sat around waiting.

The delivery went missing in the post but finally arrived yesterday.

As always I'm short of a few components but I think it's much better in a larger enclosure.

DeadEndFX

stringsthings

That looks awesome!  I really need one of those PCB's  :).
Are you going to do a group-buy?
All You Need Is Love

cajone5

Quote from: stringsthings on December 20, 2017, 04:46:22 AM
That looks awesome!  I really need one of those PCB's  :).
Are you going to do a group-buy?

Group buy!  Group buy!  Group buy!

In as well if such a thing occurs.  8)

Andlord

The boards will probably be in his onlineshop. Google for DeadEndFX

cajone5

Quote from: Andlord on December 20, 2017, 01:56:09 PM
The boards will probably be in his onlineshop. Google for DeadEndFX

Thanks for that (seriously)!  I had no idea he had an online shop.  Soo many cool PCBs!

somnif

A ludwig phase II pcb.... a Korg Phase-wah pcb... a Frostwave funk-a-duck pcb...

Oh my.

matmosphere

YEah, I need that dudes adress. I think I'm just going to send him my whole wallet.