News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion OD-855 (Television tribute)

Started by Bret608, August 28, 2017, 06:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

This is my first build report in ages. I haven't had much time for this hobby this year, but on the other hand, I tried to up my game a bit in terms of drilling and decorating enclosures myself a bit more. Anyway, this is Aion's OD-855 board, and I like it a lot. It has a sound kind of halfway between a TS and a D+, and the highly interactive tone knob really lets you control the ge diode sizzle depending on where the gain is set. I used some o.g. 1n60s for the stock diodes, and a 3mm red LED on one side and 2 1n4148s in series on the other for the second switch position. This setting is very touch-sensitive and "boutique" sounding to me, whatever that means. Overall, the sounds remind me of Television's live tracks off the Marquee Moon album, hence the name.

Max

Well done, sir! (I love Marquee Moon ;D ;D)

jubal81

Looking good!
Super tidy inside, too. Great wiring job.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Bret608

Thanks! It felt good to knock out a straightforward, rewarding build after a long hiatus. Sorry for the blurry pictures though--didn't realize how bad it was until I opened the pictures in a bigger window.

Here's the tone I had in mind with the name...one of my favorite songs from the album but any track from this show will give you the idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBgQmMrCpis

Luke51411

nice tidy build! It's nice to come back after a long break with a few simple builds to get back into the swing of things.