News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Speaker Cranker in home brew enclosure

Started by storyboardist, August 29, 2017, 01:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

Feels like I haven't boxed anything up in ages. Last night I got some shop time and boxed this little Speaker Cranker clone.

The enclosure started it's life as Bud Box I found on eBay ages ago. The top broke, so I used the base along with some red oak to make a new enclosure. Painted the aluminum with some textured Krylon (I think? I painted it ages ago) spray paint and then black over it. Might need to make a run to Home Depot to get some screws to keep it together. Can't find any good ones in my stash. lol

Here's the guts. Nothing special.

Guy behind Effects Layouts

selfdestroyer

Show off! You with your metal and wood skillz.

lol, Love it! Such a cool enclosure.

Cody

bsoncini

Looks cool.

What exactly is a bud box. A place to hide weed?

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

Really nice looking. I also like the wood and metal together.  Looks sharp.

mrclean77

Super cool build/box and gigantic knobs FTW!!!

storyboardist

Thanks guys!

Quote from: bsoncini on August 29, 2017, 02:56:37 PM
What exactly is a bud box. A place to hide weed?

BAHAHAHA! Bud is/was? an enclosure manufacturer.

Aleph Null

Looks vaguely retro/industrial. I like it!

Do you find you get a wicked pop when engaging the circuit? I built one recently and would be interested to know if you did anything different with the pull-down resistors.

Govmnt_Lacky

Did you glue the In/Out jacks to the enclosure? If not, how are they secured?

Sweet build!  8)

storyboardist

Quote from: Aleph Null on August 30, 2017, 09:20:53 AM
Looks vaguely retro/industrial. I like it!

Do you find you get a wicked pop when engaging the circuit? I built one recently and would be interested to know if you did anything different with the pull-down resistors.

Didn't have any pop. Can't remember what PDR value I used. Either 1M or 1.5M probably.

storyboardist

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 30, 2017, 10:43:49 AM
Did you glue the In/Out jacks to the enclosure? If not, how are they secured?

Sweet build!  8)

Thanks! I screwed them to the bottom panel. If you look really closely at the guts, you can see a small hole in the top of the box jacks. Used a couple pickguard screws to hold 'em down. They don't budge.  8)

WAXOU

To do is to be -- Descartes / To be is to do -- Sartre / Doo, bee, doo, bee, doo -- Sinatra