News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Patreon Support

Started by madbean, September 02, 2017, 07:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

If you are a member of the VFE Patreon group support is also available here on the forum for the Patreon effects builds. Please feel free to ask questions and receive help on your builds. I'm not quite up to speed on the new designs yet but I will be building a Dragon up next week. I'll do my best to help with any basic build questions, etc. Specific questions about rewards, shipping, etc should still be directed to Peter through Patreon.

Peter has also posted a video on building the Patreon effects. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but that is another resource of information at your disposal.

tcpoint

Cool.  Really nice projects.  I'm almost done building a Pinball.

Ralfg

I have a Dragon Overdrive, but I could use a drill template.  I may have missed it with all the stuff that has been sent.  Brian, do you have one, or have a way to get one that could be shared here?  Or please correct me if I missed it somehow?

Thank you for providing Patreon support.
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

gordo

I snagged the comp/overdrive...White Tiger I think it's called. Looking forward to it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

somnif

Snagged a physical reward this month, and I'm putting together a mental shopping list. Its interesting that the previous iteration of this designed use the TLE2074 quad op amp. The new one uses a "MC33074", which I'm not familiar with. On the plus side, though, its a quarter the cost.

On the other hand, I already have a spare TLE2074.... anyone know how equivalent they are? I'm guessing they'd drop in, they appear to have the same pinout, but the specifics of the spec sheet are a bit greek to me.

fair.child

I just became a Patreon support today. I didn't notice Peter post that he ended the Patreon support after I checked out the pledge. Will he still send the reward or drop my pledge? Any idea, guys?

somnif

Quote from: fair.child on January 22, 2018, 10:58:40 AM
I just became a Patreon support today. I didn't notice Peter post that he ended the Patreon support after I checked out the pledge. Will he still send the reward or drop my pledge? Any idea, guys?

Send him a patreon message or email him, he's usually pretty good about responding (with a delay). That said I know he froze the donations a few weeks back so its possible that your support won't actually process.

Then again I've been a supporter since August and only managed to get 1 of his board file dumps, back in October. It seems his sending method doesn't cooperate with Gmail, leading to much frustration.

fair.child

Quote from: somnif on January 22, 2018, 11:08:28 AM
Quote from: fair.child on January 22, 2018, 10:58:40 AM

Send him a patreon message or email him, he's usually pretty good about responding (with a delay). That said I know he froze the donations a few weeks back so its possible that your support won't actually process.

Then again I've been a supporter since August and only managed to get 1 of his board file dumps, back in October. It seems his sending method doesn't cooperate with Gmail, leading to much frustration.

Just sent him the message through Patreon. Hopefully, he will reply back. Has anyone seen his educational video? That might be interesting to learn more about his method building pedals.

fair.child

Update: He closed out the Patreon and he planned to issue refund for late supporters. I am still intrigued to get the EAGLE files for previous projects. I sent him a message to raise this question.

gordo

Does anyone have any info on the Tiger?  I'm in the troubleshooting phase and not sure what any of the pots actually do at this point.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

somnif

Quote from: gordo on March 24, 2018, 06:57:50 PM
Does anyone have any info on the Tiger?  I'm in the troubleshooting phase and not sure what any of the pots actually do at this point.

I'm still waiting on my Tiger board. I was meant to get one as part of the last round of rewards, but its been 3 months and its not yet arrived. Didn't get the last batch of board/schematic files either.

I've tried emailing Peter a few times but haven't gotten any responses. Its a little disappointing.

Netnnk

Comparing the Tiger and White Horse schematics, most of the pots are in about the same locations. Looking at the boards  of both pedals and the pot locations on the front of built ones, I would guess (please correct me):
A10k   - Level
C100k - Sustain
B1k    - Blend
A50k  - High pass filter

somnif

I was also told that the tiger board "requires a modification", but didn't hear any more than that. He said he would do the mod to the boards he was sending out, but thats the last I heard on the issue.

Hirti

Quote from: somnif on March 24, 2018, 06:59:43 PM

I'm still waiting on my Tiger board. I was meant to get one as part of the last round of rewards, but its been 3 months and its not yet arrived. Didn't get the last batch of board/schematic files either.

I've tried emailing Peter a few times but haven't gotten any responses. Its a little disappointing.
Yeah, same here. Really disappointing.

somnif

Just got an email from Peter saying the stuff was in the mail (hooray). I figured it was just him getting overwhelmed by school again (I teach too, I get it) but it was nice to hear it confirmed.