News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FLANGER CATS!

Started by Martan, September 02, 2017, 10:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martan

LION FLANGE

A/DA Flanger from lectricfx Flintlock. All of these three were laser etched in Rowmark LaserMax plastic. LEDs are hidden under faceplate (had to carefully drill through the back to get them to shine through. Still waiting on a switching jack for the expression pedal. Sounds ridiculously great! Very difficult for me to calibrate. In short, neither multimeter I had could track the frequency calibration in the higher ranges (random drop outs to zero). Took it to work and saw on a scope that the frequency gets noisy after about 1 MHz. A really good frequency counter solved it and let me get it locked in. Watch the Moosapotamus videos on calibration as well. Very helpful.l

TIGER FLANGE

MXR 117 Flanger from Madbean Collosalus. Had given up on it about a year ago due to a fire engine siren at all settings. Finally realized my cap for setting the clock frequency was 47n instead of 47pF :o. Fixed that and its golden. Great sounding pedal!

COUGAR FLANGE

Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress from Madbean Current Lover. Another great circuit, and a rediculous reduction in size form the original pedal. That is Anne Bancroft (Mrs. Robinson) from The Graduate.

FLANGER CATS UNITE!

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

WormBoy

Wow, these look truly spectacular! Love the way the eyes light up without over-obvious led-i-ness.

mjg

Excellent work.  The eyes are very nicely done.

If you make a few more, you could form Flanger Voltron.  :P

jimilee

Those are kickass, nicely executed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

m-Kresol

great builds all around! and the detail on the laser etches are just unreal
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Martan

Thanks, guys! Proud of these.

Boba7

Wow, you should be proud, they're just amazing!! Which one is the favorite? :)

Martan

Right now the A/DA clone seems the most versatile and the most stable, but I honestly want to revisit the calibrations on the other two. They sound like they are all good for different sounds.

EBK

Love the sequence there.
Did you build the lion and tiger pedals just to set up the cougar punchline?  ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

HamSandwich

FLANGER CATS, HOOOOOOO!

Awesome

Droogie

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

Martan

Quote from: EBK on September 03, 2017, 06:29:09 AM
Love the sequence there.
Did you build the lion and tiger pedals just to set up the cougar punchline?  ;D

I'll admit it's a long way to go for a joke, but in the end, no regrets😜

wgc

None here either, beautiful stuff!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

pickdropper

The etch on that tiger is fantastic.  Great work.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper