News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Alpaca Lips

Started by mjg, September 02, 2017, 08:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjg

This one is a 1776 Effects 'Buzz Saw'.  The "Baa" mode made me think of sheep, and it was a slippery slope into alpacas after that.  Photo is one of my mum's alpacas.

I've done an optical switching mechanism on vero for this one, and glowing red eyes for the alpaca - super glued the LEDs on the inside of the enclosure, and did 1mm holes underneath the eyes.   

The top is waterslide decal for the photo and black text, and then a laser engraved perspex over the top.  I got that done at ponoko.com, they give you a $20 discount on your first order, which was more than enough to do 2 x 1590B and 1 x 1590BB plates, and an assortment of washers and things.  The shipping cost to Australia was enough to make it not worth doing very often though.  It's 3mm thick perspex, which made fitting the pots pretty hard.  I had to countersink the inside of the enclosure so there was enough thread poking through to put a nut on. 

Cool sounding fuzz... the two modes give it a nice range of sounds. 

alanp

You have a baaa-d, baaa-d sense of humour.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

chordball

F@ck yes! "A slippery slope into alpacas" is a phrase that I never thought I'd hear.

Luke51411

Amazing build! Love the eyes!

wgc

Love it, cool faceplate looking all 3D
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

diablochris6

That faceplate idea is trés cool.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Philthy

beneharris

I love how you did the eyes, really clever. Great job!