News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

August build - Liquid Mercury Phaser

Started by cresconio, September 03, 2017, 12:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cresconio

Presenting the August build: Liquid Mercury by David Rolo

A great sounding tap tempo phaser based on the TAPLFO chip by Electric Druid. It uses a subset of 4 different LFO's instead of all 8. I really like the random LFO. Unfortunately I didn't make a demo of that, but it really gives some nice effects.

This is by far the most difficult build I've done. I spent most of the time getting the jacks to fit.I had to mangle the external jack for the tap tempo, allowing me to synchronize multiple pedals using the TAPLFO chip, so it could fit. I didn't have much room because of the 2 pcb's stacked on top of each other

As usual, I put a video online to demonstrate this awesome sounding pedal:

Martan

Looks Great! Its a great sounding pedal. You are right about the tight fit. How does your external tap jack work? Is it from the momentary switch or from the TAPLFO output?

Marty

BrianS

Real nice. Love David's boards.  Sounds really good. 

cresconio

I connected it to the momentary switch, from there it is connected to the TAPLFO chip

Quote from: Martan on September 03, 2017, 12:22:10 PM
Looks Great! Its a great sounding pedal. You are right about the tight fit. How does your external tap jack work? Is it from the momentary switch or from the TAPLFO output?

Marty

drolo

nice demo, really like the moon cycle dials :-)

rockola

cresconio

Thanks!
The riff is from Bridge of sighs by Robin Trower

Quote from: rockola on September 27, 2017, 02:42:08 PM
Nice work! What's the riff @ 3:19?

cresconio

Fun pedal to play with, thanks for your work! Only need to tweak the output volume a bit as it's a bit below unity for me at the moment.

Also, you might've noticed the bipolar bear right next to it ;). They work great together but you probably already knew that.

Quote from: drolo on September 27, 2017, 09:22:40 AM
nice demo, really like the moon cycle dials :-)

drolo