News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Total Recall - anyone else have this issue?

Started by mistermikev, December 16, 2017, 09:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistermikev

Posting out of curiosity as much as to perhaps providing 'the answer' to any other poor soul who finds themselves in my position.

so I typically use 2.1mm jacks on everything.  I bought the eh power adapter per spec for this build and captain obvious here took till now to figure out it employs a 2.5mm jack.  Now a 2.5mm power supply will physically fit into a 2.1mm jack... but ground will not make good connection... occasionally - your experience may vary. 

I don't know if they make this adapter in a 2.1 as well... but just wanted to post in hopes that perhaps someone might find the info as relevant as I am finding it right now.  cheers and thanks for - despite all my troubles - a very fun build.

stecykmi

buy a new 2.1mm connector, cut the 2.5mm connector off and install the smaller one. just make sure you double check the polarity.

bsoncini

I have an official ehx 24v adapter and it works just fine with the 2,1mm jacks

LaceSensor

just buy a 2.5mm female connector for the pedal...5 minute job, and no further issues

mistermikev

hadn't thought of chopping up the wall wort... I was able to get a 2.5mm jack and all is fine... just threw me for a loop. 
afa 2.5 works on 2.1 - 'works' is the keyword there.  center prong is ground and as long as something is putting tension on your power cable in the right way it's fine... but jiggle your cable and it will disconnect... unless of course your version of the wall wort is actually 2.1mm and they make both?  Either way - thanks for the replies!