News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus 2015 wiring questions

Started by Betty Wont, September 03, 2017, 01:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betty Wont

I'm building this one, 9v version, with top mount dc jack and bottom side mount i/o jacks. I want to wire it to a 3pdt switch board with the led and i/o jacks connected to it. I'm scratching my head on the I O R & S pads. How do i go about omitting j1 &j2 and connect properly to my i/o switch board pads? Also, if i jumper the collosalus onboard clr r34, that means i can pull +9v off the byp + pad, correct?

Betty Wont

WormBoy

Ignore the I and O pads, as well as the J1 and J2 pads. They should be connected, J1 to I and J2 to O. Check with your DMM to make sure. The S is the input of the board, and the R the output of the board. If you need 9V, jumper the CLR (if you are using it with a 9V supply) and use the + pad. Again, use the DMM to check when in doubt. Ignore the L pad and the - pad, and wire the 3pdt board as normal. Should do the trick.

Edit: the LED is wired to the 18V supply. So jumpering the CLR gives you 18V from the charge pump. If the 3pdt board only uses that 18V to power an LED, you can take a larger value for the CLR on the 3pdt board than you would normally.

Betty Wont

Very helpful, thank you so much, cheers.