News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

T-1000 OD

Started by dan.schumaker, September 05, 2017, 06:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

I am pretty proud of this one, this is the first board that I drew up and sent out to be fabricated.  Its based on a Telenordia TA-100 germanium overdrive.  It has 2 1N34A clipping diodes and 3 2N404 transistors.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  It has a nice mild OD sound for the first part of the gain range, and towards the top of the rotation, it has some nice breakup to it.  I added a relay-bypass to it, just to make it a little fancier  :)

flanagan0718

Nice build man. Who doesn't love a Terminator reference?! I though it was gonna be a fuzz but OD would have been my next guess. Great looking PCB and Pedal.

-Mike-

jubal81

Nice one! Dig the layout, too.
That the mictester bypass?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Bret608

I like this one, so now I need to look into this circuit to see how it sounds! Is it picky about transistor gains or anything?

dan.schumaker

The only PNP trannies I had on hand were a Tone Bender set, so 70 HFE for Q1 & Q2, 130 HFE for Q3.  It would be interesting to see what other gain ranges do for the circuit.  To be fair though, what is in there does sound pretty good.

oip

excellent job! 

i have a bunch of germanium PNPs and diodes slowly making their way over so i may well check the ta-100 circuit out